Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Hi there, first of all hi to everyone I'm new here !

I don't know if anyone will be able to help me ..

I have a 2002 Mazda Protege ES with 207 000 km.

I recently "cleaned" the air intake system ( At least what I could do ) and then when I putted everything back together .. and started the car, the check engine light was on and the Overdrive was flashing ..

I decide to try the car and realise that it wouldn't go pass first gear and when it in idle mode in jerk and seems like it is about to stall .. there's a weird sound coming from the engine bay and the exhaust gas smells different then usually ..

Can it be the EGR Valve that is stock ?

Thank you in advance

How did you clean the intake? Is everything plugged back in? No air leaks in the intake?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

With brake cleaner to remove carbon deposit .. and last night the EGR wasn't plugged back .. but now it is and the engine sometime comes up with only the check engine and also it idle roughly and it sometimes chokes ..

Comment

Did you spray the brake cleaner on the MAF? Bad idea if you did.

Comment

Yea there special maf cleaner you ned to use. Using other stuff like carb our brake cleaner can damage parts
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I only put brake cleaner on the throttle trap ..

Comment

Hmm, how much did you use? Did the manifold or cylinders get flooded? TPS plugged in? IAC plugged in? EGR, MAF, IAT? Maybe just a vacuum leak somewhere?

Comment

No only a bit was use no flood
                And I think now it might be the throttle body gasket that is missing .. but I don't remember removing one .. I'll put one tomorrow and I'll let you know, cause when I spray brake cleaner on the throttle body the vaccum leak is fix for like a second ..

Comment

Working...
                X