My P0300 is back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My P0300 is back!!!

This car is starting to really frustrate me. It is a 2003 Protege LX.

My first problem was around 9 months ago. I had the rough idle at stop lights so I cleaned the EGR Valve and that seemed to fix my problem for a few months. When it came back I also had the P0300 to go with it. I ended up putting in a new EGR Valve this time and the problem went away for a day or two. Once it came back the problem seemed to be worse and I also got the P0421.

That began the process of changing my Ignition Coils, plugs, and wires. Problems fixed so it seemed. Then a week or so later I got the P0421 again. So of course I tried to go the cheap route and change my O2 sensors. Didn't help. Then changed my Pre-Cat which was completely burnt up inside. Caused by the misfires that were shooting unburnt fuel directly into it. Well after all that the problem seemed to be fixed. That was back in January.

Now unrelated to the P0300 issue, I changed my timing belt and water pump last month.

In the last week, the P0300 is back with sputtering and misfires at various speeds. The engine also sounds like it has a hollow sound to it while at idle like there is an air leak or vacuum leak.

Needless to say I am done messing with this thing and dropped it off at the shop this morning. Hopefully they can figure it out!
Working...
X