Transmission HELP ME PLZ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission HELP ME PLZ!

Hi, I have a 2000 mazda protege with a 1.6l engine. The motor threw a rod by the previous owner and i would like to swap in the fs 2.0l engine i have the engine and the mp3 ecm. Im wondering if i can use my the transmission from the 1.6l or do i need to buy a 2.0l transmission. Any help is highly appericiated.

-Brandon

you need the transmission and axles as well as mounts.

theres one sitting on my driveway actually
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

and the clutch and flywheel from the 2.0, i have a 2001 trans and axles along with a new clutch flywheel and a quaffe installed in the trans a will be pulling out of my race car and selling. the gear ratios were to tall for the 99 1.8 engine on the track.it has only been used one race weekend.

Comment

Okay. well i think for now ill just put the 1.6l back in and run a low boost with the turbo it came with when i bought it. maybe upgrade the internals and run shorter rods. i just replaced the axles so i dont want to waste money buying new ones lol.

Comment

Working...
        X