BP/Gseries to BJ crossmembers production discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP/Gseries to BJ crossmembers production discussion

Would there be any interest in a BP/Gseries crossmember? It will work with the non Kia case and Kia cases for the BJ's. I'm currently working on the prototype for myself. It's going to be near similar to the OEM BG design and if there's enough interest, I'll definitely get more produced. Let me know..

Note to mods, this isn't really a GI thread.. Feel free to move it if you want.
    Last edited by jinx; 12-16-2013, 10:11 AM.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Couple pics of the beginning of the proto version thus far. This is the factory BJ trans crossmember underneath and the BP will not bolt into this.. not even close. Not only that, it has no location for using the rear bottom mount. The BJ uses the updated Kia/case to kframe mount near the firewall. The older gseries do not have the provisions for this type of mounting.

As you can see here, the rear mount is almost dead center to the drivers side bolt of the crossmember. There is only one rear mounting location for the crossmember on the BJ which happens to be centered between both of the front bolts. This can be seen in the above pic.

Comment

if I was just getting into the swap i would definitely be interested but the way things are looking now I might not be sporting the MSP for much longer as I recently found out I am having a kid and I know I am going to need a bigger/safer ride.

I did however end up connecting the front and back on my new custom cross member piece and will take some pics for my thread in a few days when it stops snowing. they might give you some ideas. basically its a bar that connects the front and back and provides a mounting location for a skid plate. I also left it a little long and I am making an exhaust hanger mount to it as well as my factory hangar locations interfere with the linkage a bit.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
      2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
      Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by vtec-this View Post
        if I was just getting into the swap i would definitely be interested but the way things are looking now I might not be sporting the MSP for much longer as I recently found out I am having a kid and I know I am going to need a bigger/safer ride.

I did however end up connecting the front and back on my new custom cross member piece and will take some pics for my thread in a few days when it stops snowing. they might give you some ideas. basically its a bar that connects the front and back and provides a mounting location for a skid plate. I also left it a little long and I am making an exhaust hanger mount to it as well as my factory hangar locations interfere with the linkage a bit.
        Congrats on the kid as far as this goes, I found another solution/route to go as I was working on this. Are you on FB? PM me your info if you are so I can add you.. The linkage interferes with everything, it's further proof the BJ was designed for the cable shifter setup/awd trans.

Comment

Working...
        X