Exchange hoods: from 99/00 to a 01+ ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchange hoods: from 99/00 to a 01+ ???

So, I have been driving around like an idiot with my messed up hood for 4 months now. Well, now that finals are over and I have money to work with, I'm going to fix things right. New front bumper (corksport), side skits(mazdastuff), rear skirt (ebay), spoiler (ebay), new fender (junkyard), and a new hood.

I just want to know if a newer hood will fit right. I like the look of the newer ones with the extra crease down the middle. The two models looks very similar, but the front lip might cause me trouble. It looks like it might stick out just a wee bit faurther on the newer ones.. but I'm not going to have a stock grille anyways...

So, question is, does anyone know if it matters for fitment (different headlights, engines, hood mounts, etc.) if I switch hoods? Thanks for all of your help.

shootz

doesnt work.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

yeah no.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

It will fit, but the front will either be longer/shorter and won't sit flush with the grille/headlights. I remember someone else trying the same thing a while back.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
        X