Do you think it's possible: 03 RSX Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think it's possible: 03 RSX Seats

I have a line on some 03 RSX Leather seats for cheap. It's a pair and they have heated seats built into them. They also come with the stock honda rails.

I read the faq and couldn't find any info on our seat rails. My question is, do you think RSX seats would fit into the 99 protege? Will the seat dimensions come close to matching up? I'm afraid I'll end up sitting too low or two high in my car. would the install be worth my time?

Black leather comfortable seats is something i have always wanted, these are exactly that if I can make this work.

I may just chance it and buy them anways and give it a shot, but I wanted a few opinions first.

Thanks-

Pat
    Visit My Garage

Can't you go measure them? The rails will not match up, you'll have to do a custom job on those, but you can test to see if the seats are too wide to fit in the opening.

Comment

Yeah i think I'm going to head out there and measure them up. The custom job on the seat rails is where my difficulty is going to be
      Visit My Garage

Comment

depending on the setup, you may be able to just modify the stock protege rails to mate up with the seats, sometimes all it takes is drilling a few new holes

Comment

Talk to Protoss... I know he did custom work for his mx6 seats.

Comment

is your "line" a friend?
            if so, spend a few hours pulling out your seat and trying to fit these

if its do-able, then buy em?

Comment

Not that good of a line. I also was the first of 15 people to respond within the first day of him posting them up on his car forum.
              I got the deal because I paid right away, I bet he's kicking himself because he didn't ask for more..

FYI Leatehr RSX seats with heated seat and side airbags cost around 1300$ A SEAT from the factory. I paid less then half of that for both, and I'm going to sell the side airbags.

I didn't really have time to dick around trying to see if they were perfect fits.
              Visit My Garage

Comment

ALright, so I got my passenger seat out, and the seat rails deffinatly do not match up, meaning the fashion in which Acura secured their seats to the floor is different then ours.

As far as i can tell the seat rails are two seperate main parts..... 1) the rails that the seats slide in and 2) the joints which connect the seat rails to the floor. These joints seem to be rivetted to the rails.

So my question is: will I be able to bya seat rail for our car that will match up with the acura seat?

If not will i be able to remove those rivetted joints and attach them to the acura seat rails?

Back to work.
                Visit My Garage

Comment

Probably won't be able to buy anything ready made... you'll need to do a custom welding job.

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by jnorion
                    Probably won't be able to buy anything ready made... you'll need to do a custom welding job.
                    I'm planning on putting s2000 seats in my '03 lx. Anything's possible; you just have to put in the work, and don't half-ass it.

Comment

well this thread is 3 months old.

For all of you who did not see in the photo gallery area, I did go the custom route, it did work, and it turned out great.
                      Visit My Garage

Comment

Working...
                      X