Wing West Body Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing West Body Kit

Ok so i lied im not actualy talking about the kit just the fender flare kit it comes with, im thinking that the flare kit would fit on a 2000 lx protege right? the only changes would have to be to the flares on the front fender.

Also the rear bumper cover should fit it too with no problem.

now just to see if anyone will by the front bumper cover off me for buying the whole kit.

According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

He's outlining the usual "I have a 99-00, but the WW kit is hot" problem. We can't get a front bumper for our cars from WW anymore.

Yes all peices except the front bumper and *maybe* the fron fender flares should fit. You shouldn't have too much trouble selling the front bumper.
      Visit My Garage

Comment

Wings West went bankrupt good luck finding pieces.
        93 323 LX
        99 Protege LX Touring Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman112k3
          He's outlining the usual "I have a 99-00, but the WW kit is hot" problem. We can't get a front bumper for our cars from WW anymore.

Yes all peices except the front bumper and *maybe* the fron fender flares should fit. You shouldn't have too much trouble selling the front bumper.
          So does that mean that the front fender flares couldn't be "molded" in some way to fit the contours of a different front bumper for the 99-00? I might be in the same predictament, but I haven't checked. Ive since sold the front bumper that the flares came with and hoped the flares could be made to fit another bumper (in my case, the Corksport MS style bumper).

Comment

Anything can be done for the right amount of money. I'm not saying they DO NOT fit, I'm just saying they may not, as the front bumper is different.
            Visit My Garage

Comment

i would think the only problem would be in the corner light/frt bumper area. might need a lil modification
              02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by protozoom
                i would think the only problem would be in the corner light/frt bumper area. might need a lil modification
                How would they be able to modify that area?

Not to you personally, but does anyone think the fender flares would look bad with the Corksport bumper?

Comment

Bump for an answer!

*Edit* I instead purchased the Sport20 front bumper as opposed to the Corksport MS style bumper I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Comment

fiberglass is the answer to all your body modding problems, just dont let it get hit by anything ... it should work, my accord lip fits like a glove, just took a little cash, all they should have to do is cut and or add some fiberglass to the area around the blinker and it should work, im pretty sure everything from the A-Pillar back is exactly the same on the outside of our cars so everything else should fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                      fiberglass is the answer to all your body modding problems, just dont let it get hit by anything ... it should work, my accord lip fits like a glove, just took a little cash, all they should have to do is cut and or add some fiberglass to the area around the blinker and it should work, im pretty sure everything from the A-Pillar back is exactly the same on the outside of our cars so everything else should fit.
                      So how difficult would the body modding problems be if I had a bumper not made of fiberglass, but of urethane? I imagine the body shop could always find a way to make it fit, right? Is that going to cost me extra?

Comment

you want it molded? they can do it, im sure ... my bumper isnt fiberglass ... and the lip is and they are molded ... it looks like it should work though.

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                          you want it molded? they can do it, im sure ... my bumper isnt fiberglass ... and the lip is and they are molded ... it looks like it should work though.
                          Well everything Im having installed is urethane except for the hood and spoiler, which are fiberglass. So I don't think it should be a problem to have them "mold" the fender flares onto the bumper, right?

Comment

Working...
                          X