body kit and paint pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body kit and paint pricing

i am getting the wings west 13 pc bodykit so how much would it cost to install it also i want to get a 2 tone paint job so if i could get some estimates that would be great. also how much of it could i do myself. thanks
    and on a final note does MPS stand for mazda protege sedan because it says only for MPS.
    Last edited by arlehk; 06-28-2005, 06:02 PM.
    2002 LX:
    sony amp with FR 15" sub
    white gauges
    pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
    18" enkei rims
    pirelli PZero Nero M&S
    MagnaFlow Exhaust
    7" LCD monitor deck
    carbonfiber dash kit
    cold air intake
    wings west spoiler
    JBL 1100 amp with RE XXX sub

Not to sound like a dick, but here I go anyway. How much is a shirt? The answer depends on how much are you willing to pay. At Wal-mart one can purchase a shirt for as low as $9.99, maybe lower. Also, a shirt at Wal-mart could possible go as high as say $19.99. Then you could go to a boutique on Palm Beach Island or South Beach and spent a grand on the cheepest shirt in the place. What you really need to do is ask people in YOUR AREA that have body kits where theirs was painted/installed. Find something that you like within a budget you can afford and bingo, you found a bodyshop while possible making new friends.

Yes on your last question. Good Luck.
    Tony
    Intense Performance
    Mazda Club
    of South Florida

www.ipmcsfl.com
    www.responsenegative.com
    www.cystband.com

I'm happy because Dima speeds, which makes him happy. He seems to be happy only when speeding, which makes me happy. And when I'm happy people around me are able to live another day. If you are alive right now, you should thank Dima.

Comment

You need to get estimates from people who are going to install your kit. My kit cost about $1100 total another couple hundred for the guys to put it in and about $1300 to paint and match my existing paint on the car. I would say for everything (kit, paint, labor) you are going to spend easily over $6,000. Maybe a little less or a whole lot more. How much does your kit cost anyways? I have seen kits as much as $1900. And listen to tviera, ask in your area and get competitive estimates.

Comment

The kit will run some $1000 if you go to a legetamite body shop.
        I have a really shaddy body shop where im afraid to leave my car, you know with the mgmt is not responsible for stolen items sign. I intend to have them just paint it and Ill install it myself.

They did charge me some $60 to paint a set of eye lids. While no other shop would charge under $120.

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
          You need to get estimates from people who are going to install your kit. My kit cost about $1100 total another couple hundred for the guys to put it in and about $1300 to paint and match my existing paint on the car. I would say for everything (kit, paint, labor) you are going to spend easily over $6,000. Maybe a little less or a whole lot more. How much does your kit cost anyways? I have seen kits as much as $1900. And listen to tviera, ask in your area and get competitive estimates.
          ok so the kit is the wings west 13 part kit is 850.00 and i dont see how your math adds up
          kit- 1100
          installation-1300
          that would mean that the paint would be 3600
          and could i do anything to save money like sand off all the paint and install the kit myself because wings west makes it easy.
          thanks for the help.

also i found a sweet trim kit on ebay that lookes really cool with color match just to let you know
          2002 LX:
          sony amp with FR 15" sub
          white gauges
          pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
          18" enkei rims
          pirelli PZero Nero M&S
          MagnaFlow Exhaust
          7" LCD monitor deck
          carbonfiber dash kit
          cold air intake
          wings west spoiler

Comment

Arlehk, my math does not add up because I am not trying to calculate my stuff I am giving you a rough estimate on what YOU will be paying. I don't think you know what a 2 tone paint job costs. It is very expensive that is why I only matched my paint with my kit.

Comment

oh ic yea i thought it would be alot. well thanks for the help. im only 17 and make 4500 a summer doing construction and every penny has gone to my car for 4 years now. it took me 3 years to get the car so it means alot to me. its like my baby. lol
              2002 LX:
              sony amp with FR 15" sub
              white gauges
              pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
              18" enkei rims
              pirelli PZero Nero M&S
              MagnaFlow Exhaust
              7" LCD monitor deck
              carbonfiber dash kit
              cold air intake
              wings west spoiler

Comment

Like what my parents have told me about all the money I have put into my vehicle "SAVE YOUR MONEY!" My pro is my baby as well but when it is time to sell you will seldom profit like many of the other members have told me about my car. So you will not get a lot of the $4500 that you have been putting into it every summer back. My car is on the second page of the showcase forum if you want to take a look at it. If I did not spend all my hard earned money on my modifications I could have probably put in quite a down payment on my Mazda 3 that I want so badly to get. Just look at my sig. Peace and be cautious on how much you are putting into your vehicle and if you can do a lot of it yourself or have your buddies help you because labor is what eats your money at the custom shops.

Comment

yea i know not to put it all into it but my parents wouldnt help me with my car so i had to spend it all and this summer i will probably put about 2000 into collage. but im know that mods usualy bring down the value but i plan on having it for a long time till it dies. now it only has 35,000 miles so it will last. also i dont plan on doing anything under the hood(way to much money)just enough to make everyone at school to envy my car hahaha but since i did manual labor for 3 years to get it i am very proud and love my car. all my friends hate me for having such a nice car(there rents bought them theres)but i know its not because its a nice car they just think its so cool i got it by my self oh and the 1000 watt sub in the trunk the neighbors really like that.lol

hey just saw your car not bad. the only engine mod would be an exahst for me. but that suck about your 1.5 L for i have the 2002 and mine is 2.0 but still sux. your stock paint isnt that bad of a color. i have like sparkily red and would not look got at all on a kit so i want to get a whole new one(going with yellow). also your kit kind of looks like the wings west 00-03 kit that i want but different on the bumper.
                  Last edited by arlehk; 06-30-2005, 07:31 PM.
                  2002 LX:
                  sony amp with FR 15" sub
                  white gauges
                  pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
                  18" enkei rims
                  pirelli PZero Nero M&S
                  MagnaFlow Exhaust
                  7" LCD monitor deck
                  carbonfiber dash kit
                  cold air intake
                  wings west spoiler

Comment

I work at a body shop doing graphics, and to the kid who said $6,000 for installing a body kit and painted... That's insane. Figure a couple hundred bucks each part painted and installed. Also don't expect the pieces to be perfect fits. If body work is needed to fill in the gaps due to a crappy body kit fitment, that's what would jack up the price. Or if you get some crazy paint job. You guys are throwing out some crazy high prices.

Comment

this may help just go to wingswest.com and look up show cars then archive then MP3 that is the same paint job i want just a simple stripe on the sides black hood and a bit on the spoiler nothing crazy. and its wings west so no body work is needed and you only use factory screws. and you only drill in the wheel well so i think i could put the kit on myself.(cross my finger) also i need to get a trim kit painted the same yellow but that shouldnt be that much extra.
                      oh and does anyone know what happened to wingswest they have been moving there factory for about a year now
                      Last edited by arlehk; 07-01-2005, 09:25 PM.
                      2002 LX:
                      sony amp with FR 15" sub
                      white gauges
                      pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
                      18" enkei rims
                      pirelli PZero Nero M&S
                      MagnaFlow Exhaust
                      7" LCD monitor deck
                      carbonfiber dash kit
                      cold air intake
                      wings west spoiler

Comment

Arlehk, you said you were going to two tone your vehicle. When you say you are going to two tone your vehicle that means your whole vehicle. I have never heard of a two tone for "just a kit." Your either going to match the paint like I did or you are going to paint it a different color. I bet you spend a couple of grand if you completely two tone it. If you are just going to paint you kit then yeah it is not going to be that much. TAWD, if painting your vehicle is not that expensive then everyone would be driving in freshly painted candy colored vehicles. Also no such thing as a kit fitting a vehicle perfectly. It is aftermarket and they NEVER fit right. So expect to pay more. Also before you post a reply READ what the person is saying instead of assuming.

Comment

well if you would have looked at the paint job i was talking about then you would understand its not just the kit.
                          2002 LX:
                          sony amp with FR 15" sub
                          white gauges
                          pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
                          18" enkei rims
                          pirelli PZero Nero M&S
                          MagnaFlow Exhaust
                          7" LCD monitor deck
                          carbonfiber dash kit
                          cold air intake
                          wings west spoiler

Comment

I just looked at it. If you are not just going to paint the kit then expect to pay quite a bit. And be very careful with guys that are going to pay it for a couple of hundred bucks. Remember you get what you pay for. And for my body kit I had 3 guys, not one, but three having difficulty lining holes correctly. And these are guys that have been working there for years telling me that they have never put a body kit on without altering it a bit. This is what a "Two tone" paint job looks like. And they are not cheap if done by the right people.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i might skip the 2 tone and buy some enkei 18" rims but the whole thing with fiting the kit with out changing it. that is what WW is known for. because they took the factory parts from mazda and just added some stuff to it except for the flare kit but i wouldnt be surprised if i did need a pro to help with some of it. but man that project car is the whole reason why i bought a protege.
                              2002 LX:
                              sony amp with FR 15" sub
                              white gauges
                              pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
                              18" enkei rims
                              pirelli PZero Nero M&S
                              MagnaFlow Exhaust
                              7" LCD monitor deck
                              carbonfiber dash kit
                              cold air intake
                              wings west spoiler