suggestions on rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions on rims?

hey y'all....i was wondering if any of you guys had some suggestions on what kind of rims i should get. im lowering my call with eibach springs (sportline), and i wanna get new rims at the same time. i cant decide on what kind of rims to get so any suggestions would be appreciated. i have a midnight blue 2000 protege es.

To begin with, your OEM wheels are 4-lug, 4 x100 bolt pattern, +45 mm offset wheels. You then must decide what diameter and wheel width you prefer. Popular aftermarket wheel choices for most Forum members include 15 x 6.5", 15 x 7", 16 x 7", 17 x 7" and 17 x 7.5". You also must pay attention to offset, particularly with the wider wheels. Generally speaking, offsets as low as +40 mm are acceptable except perhaps with wide tires, the wider (7.5") wheels and lowering. Going too low on offset can can cause interference with the inside fender well. Do a search on the Forum to see what other members use. Are you interested in performance or appearance? Wheels differ greatly in weight so for performance you'll want to choose one of the lighter wheels and one of smaller diameter to reduce inertia effects during acceleration. Forged wheels are much lighter than the more usual cast ones but their price puts them out of the range of most people.

Larger diameter, wider wheels permit you to mount tires with wider treads and lower profiles for improved handling. In order to insure minimal speedometer error with your new tire/wheel combo, go to:

For a selection of wheels, do a search. There are innumerable tire/wheel dealers and wheel manufacturers on the net.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

tirerack.com
      Joe H
      2000 Chevy Impala
      3400 3.4 Liter V6
      Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
      U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,