Neon Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neon Power

Hi all, im new here so be gentle if i make a mistake.

So here is the question. If i want to mount like 4 neon tubes how would i power them all. I know that you can power like a few by connecting it to the extra fuse slots (i think) but is there a way you could connect them all to one wire going to the fuse box. Thanks

oh and would you reccomend neon or led thanks again

I recomend led becuase they last longer and there what I have, they also power on quickly in winter while neons have to warm up for a while.

Neons however make a flood of light much more dramatic then leds. To counter that I have 8 led tubes, instead of 4 neons.

I'm just running them all off a single wire from the fuse box. It just took me a bit of soldering. Just be sure to run them in parellel.

Comment

now as to the wiring i was told that the positive wire running from the neon or led is connect to the switch, which is connected to a wire containg a fuse in it, which is then connected to a piece that fits into the fuse box. can anyone verify if this would work or if there is a better way to do it.

I am really not interested in messing things up and i have read that the fusebox could "break" if improperly connected. Some expert advice would not go unappreciated. forgive me if this has already been covered somewhere else.
      Last edited by Failure2aim; 08-30-2005, 12:54 AM.

Comment

You can go out and buy things called fuse taps. These take empty fuse holes and allows you to run +wires out of them.

Hook these to your inside fuse box, then to a switch then to any and all of your leds/neons in parellel. The negetive can then just be attached to the body anywhere.

Comment

ill check that our thanx

Comment

Working...
          X