WTF no bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF no bass

So i just put in some new infinity kappas.......they sounds great except there is no bass. everything is stock except for those speakers. you think there being underpowered? equalized or used with a subwoofer? different deck? i dunno yeah any help would be sweet

well for one it's not big of a problem to make 2 threads over :p lol

but yeah if EVERYTHING audio in your car is stock, then if u want good sound change everything. get new headunit, amp, wireing. if you want bass get a subwoofer and another amp those stock radios ain't **** on those cars
    Originally posted by 90prtege
    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Originally posted by Turpro
    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
    CRZbrussian: that sux
    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

heh yeah i dont know why it made two posts but yeah so your saying I cant just replace the speakers? the whole idea behind this is to keep the interior looking stock(aftermarket decks look like ****) and not lose trunk space but ploping a sub in there. it sounds worse than with the stock speakers, anyone else besides jonny genius?

Comment

well depends on which headunit u go with. the Alpine line up is very nice looking, i have one and i'm in freaken love with it.

u can make it look stock as anything...just have to be sneaky with wireing and placement haha.

once u change the headunit alone u'll notice a huge difference in the sound
        have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!

Comment

yeah well wires dont show if your not a dumbass and install it with them hanging out......and yeah no matter what aftermarket deck you have it still looks not stock and cheap with a bunch of dumbass colors going every wich way and without a sub they sound like tin cans.

Comment

u can't have a stock set-up and have great sound...it's like trying to make ur stock protege run 12s in the 1/4 and wondering why it can't do that.

don't buy a cheap ass headunit...or anyting on your car for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER View Post
              So i just put in some new infinity kappas.......they sounds great except there is no bass. everything is stock except for those speakers. you think there being underpowered? equalized or used with a subwoofer? different deck? i dunno yeah any help would be sweet
              what kind of bass do you expect from ~18 headunit watts outputted to the speaker ? the kappas are good speakers but they do require at least SOME power. get some small amp for the front and do some sound deadening, then you'll be fine.
              Girls on Proteges

Comment

Make sure your connections are in phase. If you have the + and - connections reversed on one of your speakers, the bass from one speaker will cancel out the other.

Comment

Originally posted by TStarGermany View Post
                  what kind of bass do you expect from ~18 headunit watts outputted to the speaker ? the kappas are good speakers but they do require at least SOME power. get some small amp for the front and do some sound deadening, then you'll be fine.
                  well yeah i know, could it have something to do with the fact that the lowest they respond to 35hz(or whatever) vs 45hz like the stockers?

Comment

Working...
                  X