new guy - 02 protege dx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new guy - 02 protege dx

hello everybody. i've recently gotten a 2002 protege dx 5 speed and am selling my 93 honda accord. time to move on from my honda boards to a mazda board. i've been lurking around here for a few days and it looks pretty helpful.

i have one question for those of you with this engine and higher end models with tachs.. i was just wondering, since i dont have a tach, around what speed 2500 or 3000 rpm in 2nd 3rd and 4th gears. i genereally shift about 20-25 into 3rd,40 into 4th, and 50-55 into 5th unless i'm accelerating fast for whatever reason. anyways just tryin to figure out some general speed-rpm in this car.

oh yeah, and it was in immaculate condition with 9175 miles on the ticker. i picked it up for $8500, good deal?

thanks
    Last edited by KMFDM; 12-29-2004, 03:25 AM.

Welcome, you made a good choice on the car. atleast its 5spd. Bunch of Turbo Upgrades for Under $3500, and u got the 2.0 too. awsome. Great deal on the car too. i paid $10k for mine its an 01 ES auto....and it had 52k on it. bought it in cali when i was out there and brought it home to MD. Got a 94 DX 5spd and the 01 ES Auto. Glad to see ur around.

Buy a ES or Tach Cluster, direct swap...then ull have a tach..
    Maroon 1995 Probe SE
    Beige 1994 Protege DX
    Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

where can you get new clusters? also wouldn't the odometer reading be different, or is that information kept somewhere other than the actual cluster?

Comment

It would be whatever the new cluster is, unforfunately it's stored in the cluster itself.

Welcome to the forum!
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Welcome and glad you bought a MAZDA! and hopefully you sell that honda lol j/k

Comment

here's a couple pics of my old accord, i kept it clean

Comment

i like the accord, looks sexy.
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

damn, that thing does look sexy i like it alot!

Comment

thanks guys....it is for sale

Comment

how much???? miles???? mods, ya know the deal, lol
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

4k obo, 124k miles, all maintenence done regularly, runs great, i/h/e, kyb adj. gas shocks, ground control adj. coilovers, ingalls camber kit, suspension techniques rear sway bar, neuspeed front upper strut bar,17 in. rota subzeros, blackhoused headlights, red/clear tails, clear corners, ummm thats about it i think

Comment

I like my accord better, you should keep it.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                        X