accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accident

well, heres the story first, if you dont care then just read the bottom part lol.

so what happened was i was coming home from school, had just dropped a friend off and was kinda mad at my coach but nothing extreme just irritated so i still had another friend in the car named koch, and theres this road thats really torn up with bumps and potholes and stuff everywhere called Old Heritage that runs behind his neighborhood so on the way to dropping him off we took it, needless to say it had rained yesterday.. theres a bridge down this road about halfway that sticks up out of the ground and we were going about 70, which is really fast for this road and we smacked the bridge and got like a couple feet of air which was fun, ive done this before but i try not to take these joyrides too much... so after the bridge i slow down because theres a ton of potholes ahead to about 30-35mph, i didnt want to jack up my alignment or hurt anything, those things are evil. so to make a long story short(er) were going down the pothole part and theres a car coming at like 50mph at least and wouldnt get out of the middle of the road (this road is like a 1 lane thing) and so i played chicken for a while and then realized he wasnt backing down so i pulled onto the side of the road, still going 30mph and when this happened my 2 right tires fell off the concrete and into the mud which continued to suck my car into the deep mud puddle thing of doom, i tried braking in everyway possible, easing the brakes on so they wouldnt lock but nothing happened, also nothing happened if you just slammed them on, i also tried turning the wheel full lock left and giving it lots of gas to get it out, but nothing was working, it was hopeless so koch and i braced ourself as we saw the trees ahead and a guardrail and then sliding in the mud without control at about 30mph we hit the first tree that got pulled up when i hit it and dragged over my car, and then continued to hit 1 more before we came to a stop, the car was still running but the radiator was smoking so i turned it off after putting it in 1st and trying to make it back out onto the street but it was stuck for sure..

so basically this is me being stupid and retarded and going for a joy ride because im an idiot and i f'ed up my car pretty bad because of this, and ive definately learned my lesson, i tend to believe if i wouldve been goin the speed limit the whole time that wouldnt have happened.. i just shouldnt of freakin taken that road, eh o well..

so anyway i thought i would post this and a couple of pictures from my camera phone, right now my car is at service king, i dont know how much for repairs or any detail yet ill post when i know

on the good side the car holds up insanely well in an offroad accident like this, koch and i thought it was really smooth for an accident of that speed..

take care everyone!

(in the first picture, that is my friend koch standing next to the car)
    Attached Files

Hard to say, it might be totalled, depending on suspension damage and damage in the engine compartment. It really depends on how much the car was worth before the accident.

Comment

damn that suxs dood. Glad to see your ok.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

youra fuggin retard, these two statements TOTALY contradict eachother!!!!
        we were going about 70, which is really fast for this road and we smacked the bridge and got like a couple feet of air which was fun, ive done this before
        and this one
        so after the bridge i slow down because theres a ton of potholes ahead to about 30-35mph, i didnt want to jack up my alignment or hurt anything, those things are evil
        you jump your car a few feet, but then slow down for some pot holes as to not damage your car?????, yeah im sure the dukes of hazzard air was fine for the car, you my friend are a ****stick.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

****stick? That's something I've never heard before . . . lol. But yeah, I'd have to agree that bombing a bridge at 70 is a good way to damage something.

Comment

damn Ben... lay off the guy... he just fuked up his ride.... no sense in kicking him whiles hes down.....

Even tho what you said is true.

Comment

lol i agree it was mean but damn this story is reminding me of skreet racer, lol just plain dumb.

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

very true.

Comment

I didnt really understand that either... more likely jumping the car 2' inthe air would cause more need to get an alignment than potholes?

Sucks he screwed his car up though. I have floated like that on mud too and t's kind of eerie when you turn the wheel and the car keeps sliding straight.

No way that car is totaled...
                  'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                  -Dean
                  2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                  18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                  Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                  MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                  Injen CAI - Polished
                  Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                  DaveB trim rings
                  Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                  Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                  Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                  Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                  Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                  Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                  Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                  Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

yes i know i am a ****stick, i appologize ,

but to better understand like the road i was talking about, it was smooth up until the bridge when i was going faster but after you get past the bridge there are potholes that are 3-5 feet wide, very deep and a lot of bumps from where they filled in some pot holes but it actually made it worse because the concrete sticks up.. after the bridge i was done with my "joyride" which is why i slowed down because ive seen people pop their tires, get their axles bent/messed up down the end part of this road, i was slowing down when this all happened i had aimed on slowing down more before i got to that part as to not take it too fast, but then the car coming the other direction forced me off of the road.....

thank you very much for the comment "im glad your ok" i appreciate that, i am very lucky that i am, if i had hit the white car coming at me as opposed to taking the off-road crash course i would not be talking to you right now which is why im lucky.

but yes i agree i am stupid for doing this , especially on a rainy day, and this has definately impacted me as well as my friends that used to take that road a lot to save time. but hey believe me its not like im getting away with this in a painless way, i mean im the one paying for everything including insurance, gas, car, repairs, everything, which is why i understand how much this sucks my insurance is going to double because of this...... there are a lot of kids at my school where their mom and dad pay for everything and they get in accidents and just get a new car and whatnot..

anyway thank you for your comments, i have no clue how long it will take before i get an estimate, but take care everyone!

Comment

well atleast you understand how dumb it was, if anything at all its a learning experance.

186.08whp
                      225.94wtq
                      torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

It doesnt look like too much damage was done. The pro is one hell of a tough little car, especially when dealling with suspention. (I craked two rims in this beast and still it doesnt need an alinment.)

The first was due to a pothole and the latest last week was due to a curb. I was in the left land and some truck was in the right. Out of no where this guy just starts changing lanes. No signal or anything I mean really changing lanes hard other wise I would have just shot ahead. Not only was he changing lanes but he was slowing down. He must have had abs or something becuase he was slowing down alot harder then I was. So I just kept moving away while honking the horn the whole time, untill I hit a foot high curb dead on.
                        I got the cops to come and stuff but turns out that since he didnt hit me its my own fault.

You defentely need a new bumber. probubly a fender too. **** happens I guess. Good to see your ok, trees arent too fond of cars you know.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                          It doesnt look like too much damage was done. The pro is one hell of a tough little car, especially when dealling with suspention. (I craked two rims in this beast and still it doesnt need an alinment.)

The first was due to a pothole and the latest last week was due to a curb. I was in the left land and some truck was in the right. Out of no where this guy just starts changing lanes. No signal or anything I mean really changing lanes hard other wise I would have just shot ahead. Not only was he changing lanes but he was slowing down. He must have had abs or something becuase he was slowing down alot harder then I was. So I just kept moving away while honking the horn the whole time, untill I hit a foot high curb dead on.
                          I got the cops to come and stuff but turns out that since he didnt hit me its my own fault.

You defentely need a new bumber. probubly a fender too. **** happens I guess. Good to see your ok, trees arent too fond of cars you know.
                          i've had that almost happen to me... but i'll just let them hit me (against instinct). Unfortunately if you run into a lightpole avoiding an accident it's your fault... not the person who forced you into it So it's better to let someone hit you than try and swerve and risk wrecking by yourself... grr.
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I like teh "****stick"!!! Dude next time be careful!!!! I dont think they casted you as teh next Dukes of Hazzard!!!! Hope everything works out for you..Let us know what happens!!!!!
                            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Dood sorry to hear you wrecked the pro glad your ok. So what you plan on doing with u going to fix it or scrap it hmmmmmm I think the vultures will star to come out for this wounded car!
                              And to those who say that the altezza's are fugly

Comment

Working...
                              X