No announcement yet.

accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ its been a while and i thought id tell you guys what happened..

well the car was totaled, but heres the kicker, i payed $5400 for the car from the lexus used car dealer when i bought it right? it got totaled out for $7300 by geico and they said it was in great condition (which it really was, i had just gotten the 60k done and everything) ... man i really miss that car, but anyway so it really didnt look like that much damage but they said it was like $8000 worth of damage which sounds like crap to me the hood and front bumper needed to be replaced along with the radiator and headlight and other than that it was like fine but they said since it bent the frame when the radiator got pushed in that it was totaled (?)

since they took it from me i dont think ill be able to scrap it.. but im definately drive like a grandma now for a long time, scared teh crap out of me and realized what happens.. and wahoo! dukes of hazzard ROOLZ but im never going to try out for that haha

anyway it was a big learning experience and thanks everyone for your comments! speaking of which ill probably still hang around here because you guys are teh awesome!!

Comment

sorry to see you go. You should get another 323/protege.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by robisconfusedd
        but to better understand like the road i was talking about, it was smooth up until the bridge when i was going faster but after you get past the bridge there are potholes that are 3-5 feet wide, very deep and a lot of bumps from where they filled in some pot holes but it actually made it worse because the concrete sticks up.. after the bridge i was done with my "joyride" which is why i slowed down because ive seen people pop their tires, get their axles bent/messed up down the end part of this road...
        Why would you even drive your car down this road??? I don't care how much time it saves...if you're going to screw up your suspension or worse. Ordinary potholes aren't friendly to tires and suspension parts. I can't imagine how it feels to run over a pothole like you describe.

And BTW, stop catching air in your car!
        5spd Maxima SE - SOLD
        '99 Protege LX 5spd, silver

Comment

Working...
        X