Got $500 bucks...which mod????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got $500 bucks...which mod????

Already got a CAI on my msp. Opinions on the next mod.......should it be lowering springs or an upgraded SMIC?

Thanks,
    d.

I personally enjoy lowering things. You can get a set of goldlines for 130, a nice 2" drop.

Ever consider an exhaust. I gurantee you it will get way more head turns then anything else you could possibly do.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
      I personally enjoy lowering things. You can get a set of goldlines for 130, a nice 2" drop.

Ever consider an exhaust. I gurantee you it will get way more head turns then anything else you could possibly do.

Oh yeah, but I'm going with the turbo-back deal so it will be about $1100-1200 bucks. Still working on the wife to get that one................

d.

Comment

a good set of lowering springs..
        or a nice set of azenis.. mmmm

Comment

Save more for FMIC/hardpipes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
            wtf is with this rice ****? lowering springs? the MSP already handles damn good... some bull**** springs are gonna make it worse!

upgrade the intercooler!
            As an MSP owner i cound not agree more. Either upgrade the SMIC or save up a few extra bucks and get an FMIC. Our tiny P.O.S. sorry excuse for an intercooler needs to go, along with the crappy plastic pipes that go with it.

Comment

I concur on ditching the springs. I gave it some more thought and decided the car handles awesome now and I could care less about lowering it for looks so I went with CustomMSP smic.

Thanks for the tips....
              d.

Comment

$1200 for a turboback seems excessive. I'd take the $500 and buy the corksport powerseries exhaust. It'll remove the cat and give a lot more top end. In a few weeks/months CS will have their next batch of downpipes for sale which will make your MSP have a true "turbo back" exhaust. The downpipe is expected retail fo $249. so $750 for a full turboback exhaust is a much better buy IMO.

p.s. I agree with theMAN, dont touch the suspension. You wont outdrive it anytime soon. Stick to what the car needs, more power and better tuning.

Comment

I WOULD GO WITH THE FMIC. I HAVE A PERRIN FMIC AND IT GREAT. ALSO GET THE 3" TURBO BACK IT TAKES OUT BOTH CATS HAS A NICE DEEP NOTE TO IT AND LETS YOUR CAR BREATH!!

Comment

Working...
                  X