Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*planning stages* new look for the protege

hey whats up
    well i've been thinking and doing some research and from what i've been reading im not to big on the idea of turboing the protege anymore, for various reasons number 1 being that if i do knowing myself i'll want to race constantly and with the job i have i can't screw up my driving record or bye bye job....also all the little irritating problems that our cars seem to have with turbos....lol
    so what i will probably be doing is just basic bolt ons...header, cam gears, short shifter, motor mounts and some suspension work i'm going to focus more on the looks of the car
    heres an idea i had while driving at work today lol

1. get this lip thats coming out as well as the rest of the msp.mp3 kit

2. get these rims...color's prob gonna change i'm just loving the red at the moment lol

3.paint the car a very dark gunmetal color kinda of like the titanium msp's but darker.

4. get the oem grill again with the chrome insert on the top aswell as the canadian spec chrome rear license plate garnish(like the one on negatize' car)

5. possibly have interior done in all black with suede red racing seats (haven't decided which company yet)

6. new oem tailights tinted (not as dark as now)

7. H.I.D kit

another idea i was playing around with as i was driving was working on a projector headlight .....i'll make another thread for that idea tho...lol

i've got a few more ideas but i'm still thinking them over these are the more "definate" ways i'd like to go with the look, i want sporty yet classy kinda like a little audi a4 or something along those lines...i dunno, what do you guys think of this? i'm going for a more "grown up look now" lol i took my canards off yesterday and i'm starting the process of making the car less "teenager esque" lol just looking for some input......please feel free to put down any ideas you have...color schemes, parts etc.....i'd love to hear what you have to say
    peace
    dante

2008 Mazda 6i Sport
    1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
    1999 Nissan Altima SE-L

Jdm Wims Yo
    Maroon 1995 Probe SE
    Beige 1994 Protege DX
    Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by THAPRO1
      "grown up look now"
      First I'd like to say that I'm new to the fourms.

I'm looking for the grown up look for my 2000 LX
      What I'm doing is painting it white with a black/white two toned hood
      nice rims, maybe a face mask
      tinted windows and I think if you want the grown up look you should try to find some leather seats or luxury seats instead of the racing seats.
      I'm trying to find some myself if anyone can help me find what will fit.
      Or even better find Leather racing seats!
      Last edited by Protegevolution; 08-11-2005, 07:37 AM.

Comment

THAPRO - I think you're on the right track. That front bumper looks pretty nice.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

^ thanks, yea i've painted the rims black again and the canards are off so i'm just saving up to get it repainted
          I'm trying to find some myself if anyone can help me find what will fit.
          Or even better find Leather racing seats!
          P5's have black leather seats that fit

2008 Mazda 6i Sport
          1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
          1999 Nissan Altima SE-L

Comment

Why not just buy an A4? Cheaper then doing what you are talking about to the car, which I am willing to wager never gets done.

Comment

Why not just buy an A4? Cheaper then doing what you are talking about to the car, which I am willing to wager never gets done.
              as much as i want to say something obnoxious to you for that comment i'm not going to i'm not whoring this thread up with useless debate, i'm not buying an a4 because it Would NOT be cheaper to buy the one i was talking about...the brand new one,
              and quite frankly you can "wager" whatever you want the car will be repainted and have new rims and so on.....

2008 Mazda 6i Sport
              1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
              1999 Nissan Altima SE-L

Comment

I'm just saying to do everything correctly will be more expensive. Take into account the value of your Protege. If you add in the cost of a proper high quality paint job, new wheels, lots of interior work, etc. You will probably be better off with the A4.

Comment

i see what your saying now, well the this is just a basic rundown of ideas i've had as far as painting goes i have a freind that paints from the bodyshop i used to work at so if that works out then i'll get that done i'm still deciding tho i may end up going with this color i dunno yet but the rims, and ground effects will be done
                  peace
                  dante

2008 Mazda 6i Sport
                  1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
                  1999 Nissan Altima SE-L

Comment

Those rims kinda have a cheap look to them
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

oh the rotas? yeah i'm not going with those anymore their comin out with a new rim called the d2 its soooo nice i'm going to go with those now

2008 Mazda 6i Sport
                      1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
                      1999 Nissan Altima SE-L

Comment

How much do those leather P5 seats cost? Would brackets be needed as well? Is the quality of the leather good? Are backseats available in leather too?

Comment

yeah their the samething as whats in the sedan so they would just bolt right in i've seen them for like 400-500 for the set quality seems nice never seen them in person they look nice in pics tho
                          1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by T4TURBO
                            yeah their the samething as whats in the sedan so they would just bolt right in i've seen them for like 400-500 for the set quality seems nice never seen them in person they look nice in pics tho
                            Is the rear bench available too?

Comment

yeah

2008 Mazda 6i Sport
                              1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
                              1999 Nissan Altima SE-L

Comment

Working...
                              X