Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What model is this?

LX or ES?

I have no idea what seperates the 3rd gens exterior wise. I may be gettin this car this weekend.. I hope its a ES, but i doubt it.. it does have a sunroof tho.. any help would be appreciated, the plac doesnt have a number...and im not off until saturday to go look at it..

depending on the year some ESs had alloys, looks like an early 3rd gen, which are a little bit harder to distinguish.

Comment

It is atleast a LX. If the rear brakes are discs then it is an ES. I can rule out DX because the side molding is painted body color, on a DX it is always black.

Comment

well that helps a little. Its a 2000 if that helps anymore.

Comment

Hmm, I just noticed the sunroof as well. I know the 2001+ LX's had available sunroofs, but not sure about the earlier 3rd gens. I'd check with TheMan and see what he says.

Comment

slow is good, i wanted a automatic protege to drive around..

Comment

how do you know its been in a wreck?

Futhermore Es's also have drums in back. The only significant diffrence is the 20hp, other then that you wont notice the diffrence. REmember thouse models got the e-spec steering rack, much tigher and more fun.

It should make a fine daily driver. Yeah thouse hubs are really nasty

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                how do you know its been in a wreck?

Futhermore Es's also have drums in back. The only significant diffrence is the 20hp, other then that you wont notice the diffrence. REmember thouse models got the e-spec steering rack, much tigher and more fun.

It should make a fine daily driver. Yeah thouse hubs are really nasty
                the later ES's went back to rear disc, so it depends on the year.

Comment

99-00 es's all have drums and 15" wheels. Standard.
                  They do get slightly better front brakes though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                    the LX badge on the fender is gone, duh
                    horsepower doesn't matter, torque does! the 1.8l HAS torque... they also have bigger front brakes... no such thing as an "e-spec steering rack" on those models we got... they're all the same
                    its not that hard to remove the badge though, that doesn't immediately qualify it as wrecked.

Comment

i found a Es, but ....it too far. This car has a nice price, and is normal and slow and automatic. If i wanted a quick car i wouldnt get a 3rd gen.. I got a quick pro already no need for another, i hope it hasnt been wrecked nothin a simple carfax cant cure..

Comment

The car waent owned by some normal guy it was owned by a ricer. Hence the chrome fugly hubs, it was probubly ripped off while he was installing his mad tyght hub caps.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                          The car waent owned by some normal guy it was owned by a ricer. Hence the chrome fugly hubs, it was probubly ripped off while he was installing his mad tyght hub caps.
                          dont forget the tint

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                            a ricer is still "normal" in my book
                            debadging isn't that hard or that uncommon though, so it doesn't automatically mean the car was wrecked.

Comment

1999 DX: Black molding, handles, 14" steelies + hubcaps
                              1999 LX: Body colored molding, handles, 14" steelies + hubcaps
                              1999 ES: Body colored moding, handles, 15" alloys
                              2000 DX: Black molding, handles, 14" steelies + hubcaps + chrome interior door pulls, steering wheel
                              2000 LX: Body colored molding, handles, 14" steelies + hubcaps + chrome interior door pulls, steering wheel
                              2000 ES: Body colored moding, handles, 15" alloys + chrome interior door pulls, steering wheel
                              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                              X