Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem 99 Protegé SE (1.6) suggestions?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem 99 Protegé SE (1.6) suggestions?!?

Hey Guys,

I have a 1999 Protegé SE 1.6L and for about 6 months now the cars been acting up. Basically, the car won't accelerate in the low revs at all. The basic maintenance is regularly done and its not related to the air filter or the spark plugs as both have been changed.

When i'm at a stop light the car will not accelerate at all (or almost) and even if i give it some, it doesnt make a difference. Once it gets to a certain RPM, the car pulls cleanly like it did before. This problem is quite annoying and a little dangerous when you want to react quickly.

The car runs great and has only 100 000km...other than this there is no problem.

Do you guys have any suggestions or knowledge of a common problem occuring with protegé's.

BTW...another weird symptom is that when the car is low on fuel, it will will stutter or almost choke at the stop light (if it is really low on fuel). These problems might be related.

sounds liek you may have a fuel delivery problem... you may want to have the filter, pump and injectors checked.
    What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

That RPM is 3800 were the car stops listeing to the maf and starts going off the O2 sensor.

Is the CEL(check engine light) on?

It might be the maf, there was an extended warranty but if it was it would throw a cel.

Comment

if it is the maf protegegarage.com has them cheaper than the dealer
        What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

Hmm.. dead spot on TPS??
          Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
          you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Working...
          X