2001 ES really poor mileage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 ES really poor mileage?

I have a 2001 ES auto, and I'm getting between 19-21 mpg with everyday driving, I'd say 75% traffic and the rest highway.
    I've had it in to the dealers and also to a friends shop, they can't give me any reason as to why it sucks so bad...
    the only mod I have on the car is a CAI which didn't change a thing.
    I've cleaned the EGR valve out with hopes that it may help but it seems to be the same.
    I've tried countless things from diff filters, plugs etc. and nothing is working.
    Did I just end up with a dud that I should trade in?
    Any help/suggestions would be great.
    Steve

nm this post, I traded her in for a 3

Comment

well at least it still a mazda. but i wouldn't have traded it in because of gas mileage.It was probably something simple.
      c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
      X