Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to do some upgrades ... But I don't know where to start.... Anyone know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to do some upgrades ... But I don't know where to start.... Anyone know?

Hi,

I am new to this site and to me it looks like I have come to the right forum!

I am looking to put a new engine in my Mazda but first I want to get some feedback to see if anyone else has done that, and what type of engine model did you use??

I am also looking at redo'n the interior. Any sugestions as to who and where I can go to?

I already have a nice pair of rims plus the fifth wheel and I have a all around skirt but I just don't think it enough. HAHAHA It's never enough I guess.

Any ideas?

more information on your car please & i'll redirect this thread to the correct section
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Welcome to Club Protege.

Pics of your ride?

Comment

welcome welcome.

moved too the section i believe will work best for the questions you have. and from what your screen name says this section should be what you're lookin for.

do you have some pics of your ride too share with everybody?
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Wow thanks for welcoming me into the club!!! I have been looking for this for a while and one guy on Canadian car Audio directed me to this site.
          I think I will get great ideas and how to''s from this site and I can't wait!

How do I add multiple pictures of my car. I can show the interior and exterior better than jus my display pic?

Marsha

Comment

When you post a thread, under where you write you will see a button that says "manage attachments" that will pop up a box where you can browse your files. Once you click one hit "upload". you can do several uploads as long as they aren't too big. Its not just limited too just one pic. If the pics are too big you will have too downsize them before it will upload them.

Can't wait too see.
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Okay cool... I can do that tonight since all my pic's are on the computer at home. I am at work so I will do it tonight then .... thanks : P

Nice car!
              Did you get ideas for your car from here?

Comment

Thank you. I got probably 98% of my ideas from here. This place is great.
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Nice... job on the car!
                  Well I want to do the interior and on the exterior probably just the taillights!
                  Any suggestions... or who do you know that's got the know it all that I can ask?!

Marsha
                  P.S. HAPPY FRIDAY!

Comment

what color is your car? what are u looking for? like horse power, look, handling, performance?? there are more stuff out there for the 3rd gens than the 2nd

i personally love the blacked out tail lights and the painted headlights(black)..like the inside housing of the eadlight not the actual glass/plastic of it
                    Originally posted by 90prtege
                    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                    Originally posted by Turpro
                    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                    CRZbrussian: that sux
                    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

I am looking for a new engine and more horse power!
                      I wanted to remove my tailights and find the diamond aftermarket ones ( which has been difficult). I want to redo the interior as well. I have a kenwood system but with stock speakers. The only thing I have on the car now is a skirt and chrome rims.
                      I know there is more you can do with the 3rd G but the one I have there is a lot of after market that we can do as well.

What do you have and what have you done to your car Tehstocker99???

Zooom....

Comment

which engine do you have??
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

My car has a 2.0L engine why?
                          Do you have any suggestions?

Do you think I could put a tip-tronic in her too?
                          I would love it?!
                          I want to put a cold air intake her too, suggestions?

Marsha

Comment

for starters i say (that is if the 2.0L is in good shape) put an intake, shortshifter, full catback exhaust, header(unless you go turbo). then i'd so a few suspension mods like strut bars, lowering springs, some rims (nothing over the top) put a nice headunit in there, some nice speakers. then move on to the big stuff like building up the engine (new internals, and everything), new wireing, from there then maybe turbo (best way to get power).

i dunno just a few ideas

little advice tho, before you start modding all over the place, make sure your car is back to stock as possible...meaning it's clean...like if you have bad spark plugs and all that, do the whole maintance, check compression, belts and everything..then go to modding.
                            Originally posted by 90prtege
                            have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                            Originally posted by Turpro
                            Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                            CRZbrussian: that sux
                            CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                            CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Cool.... thanks for the advice.
                              You mentioned that before I do the Modding all over make sure everything is intact! Well trust me it's intact. I honor the manual to the fullest and always get the maintenance done on her so she purs....

Well where do you think I should get my parts for the car? I know Ebay but I am not to sure about the products that are sold on there.
                              See that's another thing I live in Ottawa. I find there isn't much out here for after market parts?! : (

Actually that's another thing is it possible to clean my fan in the engine by myself or should I get it done proffessionally? There is a ticking noise in the fan and at first I thought it was leafs stuck in it. It's still making the noise so I know it's not the leafs in the fan anymore. What would you suggest?

Comment

Working...
                              X