01' With idel issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01' With idel issues.

Hey guys.. 1st time poster... Long time fan.

Well here is the deal... My lady has a 01' ES. But for the past few months the idel has been acting really odd. When the compressor kicks in sometimes for the AC the RPM's drop to like 150/200 and almost stalls. It didn't use to drop so low.. But I noticed it pretty bad today. Also the headlights are dimming when the AC kicks in. And I have also noticed that the dash lights and headlight also dim when you push the window switch's up to roll up the windows. The battery was replaced about 1 year ago.

What could this be? I was thinking that the TB needs to be cleaned but not to sure. Maybe a sensor?!!? But I don't think that has anything to do with the volts dropping and the light dimming. Sounds electrical to me.

Any help is appreciated.

THANX!
    01 proto...jew know?

Anyone?!
    01 proto...jew know?

Comment

EGR valve is clogged up.

Comment

How do I go about cleaning it out?

Carb cleaner? Do I have to take it all the way off to clean it?
        01 proto...jew know?

Comment

bump
          01 proto...jew know?

Comment

sorry, I don't come around too often... lol.

it's underneath the throttle body, kinda hard to unbolt... but you'll eventually get it off if you're any good with cars.

once it's off, you can dissassemble it by removing the motor from the spring valve, and clean it onside out with brake cleaner or anything else really strong and good for removing carbon deposits. Work the spring. as long as the valve sticks to one spot and does not retract under the spring's pressure, it's n good. yyou can librify the shaft with liquid lubricant like WD40 or something..

Comment

Hey Wayne!!! Seems your getting some good help... This place has a wealth of info. Good Luck!
              1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
              1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
              2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
              2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                sorry, I don't come around too often... lol.

it's underneath the throttle body, kinda hard to unbolt... but you'll eventually get it off if you're any good with cars.

once it's off, you can dissassemble it by removing the motor from the spring valve, and clean it onside out with brake cleaner or anything else really strong and good for removing carbon deposits. Work the spring. as long as the valve sticks to one spot and does not retract under the spring's pressure, it's n good. yyou can librify the shaft with liquid lubricant like WD40 or something..

Ok well this is no biggie. Sounds like easy stuff. I appreciate the help. I will let ya know what happends.
                01 proto...jew know?

Comment

Originally posted by XxToKeSxX View Post
                  Hey Wayne!!! Seems your getting some good help... This place has a wealth of info. Good Luck!
                  I see this.. good to know people.
                  01 proto...jew know?

Comment

It actually sounds like you have an altenator problem. Your headlights dimming and your dash dimming when you use components that require electricity would be caused by a dying altenator. The power windows draw a lot of amperage. It doesn't matter that you replaced your battery a year ago (although this is a good thing if you needed it), your battery is just used to start your car. After your car is started most of the electrical is run off your altenator. You can take it to most parts places (i.e. - Autoplace, Parts Source, etc) and they'll check your charging system for free.
                    2001 ES 2.0
                    2002 LX 2.0

Comment

^^ I might just do that. But see I know it was doing that about 1 year or so ago. So I didn't think it would be the alt just for the fact that its been doing it soooo long.

But I will take it by there and have them check it.
                      01 proto...jew know?

Comment

Working...
                      X