Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey

Hi, my name is Eric and im in the prosses id buying a 2000 protege DX. its tan, 5spd, and has about 100k on it. My family and i have had many mazdas in the past (RX7,3,6, MX-5 miata) so i hope this one can live up to my expectations! ill post some pics when i figure how to use the camra. one question i have is that i have been looking for wheels for the car and since my dad has an extra set of 2001 LS miata wheels, will they fit the same 4 lug pattern as the protege? thanks for any info!

Hi and welcome to clubprotege As far as the wheels go, as long as they're both 4 lug then they will interchange .
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yea, they will fit. Post up some of those pics after you put the wheels on. Welcome to clubprotege!
      sigpic

Comment

thanks, i will. also on the driver side there is a black trim piece that is on the top of the windows. there seems to be some slught rust on it. could this be from being outside to long? has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

mine had it. But I sanded it down reprimed, and repainted it.
          The handling of a Miata, stuffed into a Protege

Comment

i picked up the car the other day and have been detailing it as well as i can. the floor mats will need to be replaced, i had to replace a fuse for the interior lights and radio and im looking into fixing the rust on the door trim. i also have a dent that ill need to be fixed. other then that its in pretty good condition. i still dont know how to post pics, but ill get some up in a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric_R View Post
              i still dont know how to post pics, but ill get some up in a little while.

Or use photobucket.com
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
              X