should i or should i not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i or should i not?

whats up guys. well...i got my old protege back after it changed hands about 2-3 times, lol. to start its a '99 dx with the 1.6l but, what i was thinking, because the cars been so damn reliable (knock on wood) i was thinking about continuing the progress on the pro. its that or sell it and pick up a '92 cavalier z24 5spd with a 3.1l swap. its my boys car (kitted, racing harts, system, etc.) its a really nice car. its a toss up cause i kinda wana see what i can do with the pro. i got into an accident when i had it at first and fixed up the front but one of my moms friends claimed he could do the radiator support for me and he didnt do it right. he bolted it on instead of welding it so the front is a lil crooked. on top of that , when my step father had it he macco'd it black from being red. im not even gona consider that a paint job, lol. i was thinking about painting it myself...it would probably come out better, lol. well let me know what you guys think. thanks!
    02 Protege ES, 5spd

Sounds like a great start. After all the body work and paint boost it
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I'd stick with the Protegé. I've got a 2001 Protegé (2.0L) and had a '92 Z22 ("little brother" of the Z24) with the 2.2L, but the general body and chassis were the same. I think the Protegé has more potential, and it's definitely a nicer car IMHO. (But then again, the Z22 was my first car, and the first car is always the best car in our hearts. hahaha!)
      -tendim
      2001 LX 2.0
      Suspension: Stock
      ICE: Clarion, Blaupunkt
      Security: UNGO

Comment

the 1.6L motor is an EXCELLENT powerplant for boosting... its not a commonly done thing, but it yields great results. look up info on "thegoldpro" he had a 1.6 boosted & it put down fairly decent numbers. reliable till the day he sold it AFAIK
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
        X