4g63 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4g63 Swap

How do you think a 2002 DX would handle a 4g63 motor?

Is it possible to do this swap?

Anybody know of anyone that has done it?

look around online there are so many combos of swaps. if you have the time tools and MONEY you can put anything in there like the rwd ls1 prelude it sounds like a good idea and most likely a rare swap good luck on your build
    94 Protege LX - GT-R powered on 17 psi - Spec stg 2 gtr clutch - KYB struts - Eibach springs- Steves FMIC kit - HKS shroom filter - Greddy type R BOV - Crappy exhaust - 8.5 wires - and HKS plugs

Comment

::sigh::

Comment

9 post noob wants to make a fwd a awd with a mitsh°t motor
        epic lols
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
          epic lols

their FWD also

yes it can be done No its not cheap

buy a BPT unless you have the money in hand to buy a complete eclipse and pay 3K to make the 2 one car
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

goddamn 4g long block is probaly worth more than your car.
            Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
            kitty, you are a hilarious woman
            Originally posted by HopelessCow
            there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

thread is full of epic lols.
              who cares if the 4g is also fwd. its still stupid
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by viNcenT09 View Post
                How do you think a 2002 DX would handle a 4g63 motor?

Is it possible to do this swap?

Anybody know of anyone that has done it?
                If you need to ask, it's probably out of the question.

Comment

please keep the mitsu engine on a mitsu.lol that would be a slap in the face for a true mazda fan!you can make equal power with a bp and less liters.
                  GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
                  AND
                  THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 13thghost View Post
                    please keep the mitsu engine on a mitsu.lol that would be a slap in the face for a true mazda fan!you can make equal power with a bp and less liters.
                    or do an FE3 swap which is very very close to the 4G63 and also 2 liters
                    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                      epic lols
                      You're a ****ing moron. I think I'll leave it at that.

And to the others that are flaming me and saying its a bad idea.

I have 3 4g63T's sitting in my garage. I thought it might be a cool idea so I asked if it was possible or if anyone has done it.

So STFU and get out of my thread unless you have something productive to say. Thanks.

Comment

why not just do a 13b swap and keep it all mazda.
                        or why not put all 3 mitsh-it engines in there? mad hp yo
                        who the hell cares how many engines you have in your garage.
                        why not use the damn search button and see if its been done before.

Comment

For those of you that think its too much work. I have a year and a half of automotive tech schooling. I am ASE certified in many areas. I think I can handle a motor swap. I just wasn't sure if the motor would fit in the car properly. For those that provided some actual information on the topic, thanks for not being a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by viNcenT09 View Post
                            You're a ****ing moron. I think I'll leave it at that.

And to the others that are flaming me and saying its a bad idea.

I have 3 4g63T's sitting in my garage. I thought it might be a cool idea so I asked if it was possible or if anyone has done it.

So STFU and get out of my thread unless you have something productive to say. Thanks.
                            dude your full of shi- if you had 1 4g you'd have the cash to atleast buy a protege ES. or hell an MSP.

you bought the cheapest protege you could find. because your broke.

Broke people don't have 3 4g lying around.

hell its hard to find a shop that has 3 4g's now. fuc-ing crank walk.
                            Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                            kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                            Originally posted by HopelessCow
                            there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                              dude your full of shi- if you had 1 4g you'd have the cash to atleast buy a protege ES. or hell an MSP.

you bought the cheapest protege you could find. because your broke.

Broke people don't have 3 4g lying around.

hell its hard to find a shop that has 3 4g's now. fuc-ing crank walk.
                              LOL, want pics? Or how bout some pics of my 11.1sec 1991 talon? or my 2004 GSX-R? Stfu you moron. You can buy 4g63 blocks for 50 bucks all day. They aren't expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X