Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another check engine thing

Hi

Did a search, couldn't find any definitive answers.

Haven't had a problems with my 99 1.6L until now. I drove earlier today without problems, this afternoon I started my car and it seemed rough. At idle it hesitated, took a moment to get going when given gas (jerky at speed) and was rough when coming off the gas. A few minutes later the check engine light came on.
    Now the engine starts, idles and runs fine. But the CEL is remaining on. I've seen many answers that say; the light will stay on forever, its the O2 sensor, the erg valve, ignition coils, or the Mass Air Flow sensor.
    Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? Or heard of one? Can it be narrowed down somehow?

Cheers,

pe

You need to get the CEL code. Around here you can go to an auto-parts store and they'll scan it for free. Post it here and you'll have a better chance of diagnosis. Depending on the code it may or may not go away on its own if the problem does not repeat. You erase it by disconnecting the battery for a while (you'll lose your radio pre-sets).

Jerky at speed is not consistent with a stuck EGR as far as I know.

Comment

+1 get code.