drag times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drag times

i was dissopointed when i went to the strip last month i ran a 16.6 at 84 but i was on bad motor mounts and had wheel hop so i was launching from idle. also stock shifter and suspension. my car is a 2.0l manual. i put my mounts on and on the street with no tire worm up can launcha 4k and it takes of spinning but accually getting enough track to pull quite nice, so i was wondering if all 3rd gen guys would be willing to share there times and mods with me. thank you
    2002 protege ES/ header/2.5" exhaust/ CAI/ mazda speed cams(FROM JDM protege)/tein lowering springs/AWR 95 durameter motor mounts/B&M short shifter/ revised mazdaspeed limited slip differential/ exedy clutch/ fidenza light weight flywheel/ tokico struts/awr adjustable sway bar endlinks/stock wheels painted black W:riken raptor tires.

Hey i got pretty much the same car lol im going to the track this weekend maybe ill post some times up
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3051569 check out my ride

Comment

Post your race results here! Detail your times, your position (if applicable) and the track/event you competed in. This is for legal/sanctioned race and test events only. Street races will be removed on sight (please report if there are some posted here). You can also post some pics and a bit...

Comment

wow thanks those protege's are slow, i quess the things i did are helping. i'll have a torsen limited slip new clutch, and light weight flywheel then i will go run it again.i am hoping for mid 15's now that i can launch and have some more parts.
        2002 protege ES/ header/2.5" exhaust/ CAI/ mazda speed cams(FROM JDM protege)/tein lowering springs/AWR 95 durameter motor mounts/B&M short shifter/ revised mazdaspeed limited slip differential/ exedy clutch/ fidenza light weight flywheel/ tokico struts/awr adjustable sway bar endlinks/stock wheels painted black W:riken raptor tires.

Comment

The best 1/4 mile time for an N/A Protetge that I know of is 14.5XX @ 93mph. Full standalone ECU (Microtech I think), hi-comp pistons, custom cams, maybe custom rods, etc. Car is from Australia

Comment

Ok, with Rac3rX no longer updating his "fastest NA protege's" thread, I thought I'd revive the list here. I will maintain the list in the first post. Same rules will apply as in the original thread, time slips not needed up front but may be requested to put down arguments - NA only, FSDE...

That is a better thread. Installshield's car ran a completely custom internals motor. Aluminum long rods, custom pistons, titanium wrist pins, cross-drilled crank, custom cams.

well guys, I finally got the engine in temporarily in and running... I was awarded one pull at Penn State's college of engineering chassis dyno on Sunday the 22nd (other than the couple to tune it)...The system runs just like Penn State's motec controled brake dyno if you remember the past...

The difference between a 16 second 1/4 mile and a 14 second 1/4 mile in a N/A Protege is bigger than you think.

Comment

i'll probably run 15's.

Comment

Working...
              X