My wife's 03.5 P5 eats H7 bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife's 03.5 P5 eats H7 bulbs

I'm out of ideas. We've try changing name brands, I check it all with a multimeter, and we put new adapters in. I'm stumped. NO I'm not touching the bulb, there is no water in the housing, and one of the headlight assemblies is new. The damn thing will randomly blow a left or right head light about once a month. I called Mazda and there is no TSBs that they can find.

What do you think?

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Pretty normal. Mine would last a little longer than that, but not much.

Comment

Well WTF. That's stupid. So I just have to deal with it?
      Her job as her out at night driving and I'd like to not have worry about her seeing.

Comment

Are you using stock bulbs? I think I had better luck with Sylvania Silverstars

Comment

That is with Silverstars. With stockers she'd get about a week. We might try some ebay HID's.

Comment

is it hungry?
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I think you are having a grounding issue. Put in a hyper ground system, and get some silverstars. My mom's subaru had the same problem, and it kept go through bulbs, even silverstars, and she took it in several times, and the last time they found some issues with some loose wiring and put new H7 blubs in, and that was 6+ months ago.
              Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Silverstars burn out faster than "normal" bulbs.(except for the ultras that almost last as long as normal bulbs.)
                Its silly to tell him to use those if normal onse are lasting a month.

Its either wiring or poor instalation.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                Originally posted by HopelessCow
                there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I read that NOT turning on your lights till after your P-5's been running for a minute, or so helps.Something I read on a forum about voltage surge.

I've had mine for 3 years and no problems.I just clicked 34,000 miles on the odo.

Sounds ridiculous I know,but if it works...

Comment

Mine goes through bulbs too, not much I could do to fix it. I just dealt with it. I buy the cheap blubs at autozone and they last longer then the silverstars. When I had hids on them, they lasted qutie a while, but took them off cause they looked better on the speed lol. Another know fact or one I go through all the time are the fog light blubs. Both my p5 and speed go through them like nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X