Oh Crap....quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Crap....quick question

Ok so im pretty sure you guys all know about the recall the protege 5 had a few years ago,well i was driving to work in my p5 today and all of a sudden i hear something come loose inside my engine and start rattling around,im pretty sure it was one of those damn screws being spit into my engine,car runs really crappy now(drives fine but extremely rough idle).EGR valve was just replaced last month by me and i was wondering if you guys would know if mazda would still honor that recall and repair my car all these years after the recall(checked on car fax it was not serviced during that recall)?
    Zoom Zoom Zoom............

Take it in and find out. Can't hurt, but I wouldn't drive it at all if possible, that bolt can cause some serious damage.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      Take it in and find out. Can't hurt, but I wouldn't drive it at all if possible, that bolt can cause some serious damage.
      Yeah thats true but i just wanted to see if it was worth the trip....

Also sounds like my exhaust system is being choked,when it sits idle it vibrates horribly and makes a kind of whining noise around the transmission area but i have no problems driving(runs well when its rolling),just changed the oil to make sure i didnt have any milk(lol) and that was fine,checked my spark plugs and no damage to them,just my damn luck that something like this happens,odd thing is there is no check engine light(wtf?).Im pretty sure its that,ive blown up enough cars when i was younger(dont worry they were all crap)to know what a knock,etc sounds like so i know its not that,and i dont beat the crap outta the p5.

Comment

Call the dealership first (this will save you a drive and potential engine damage) and give them your VIN to see if it qualifies for the recall. It may have a particular VIN range that yours isn't in. If it's in range, ask if the recall is still active. This may be problematic, as many service advisors aren't aware of these things and you may have to go through several people to get an answer. Now, was this an actual recall or just a TSB? Companies aren't required to comp you if it's just a TSB. If it is a recall, and it's still active, you shouldn't have to pay for anything. There may be a tax on the parts and/or labour costs; I don't know how your state laws affect things like that, but that would be it as far as monetary output on your part. Now, that being said, if they determine that internal damage has been caused, it may or may not be covered under the recall. You should determine that as well, in case you bollixed something up in there.
        1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Haha i found out what it was,some how a ****ing pebble got into my engine and got stuck in my egr valve,how that happened i have no idea lol but no more rough idle.

Comment

Working...
          X