Brakes help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes help!

Weird thing... On my '99 Protege, If you hold the car with the brakes and give a little gas, the brake pedal pushes back against your foot. I was going to sell the car and the prospective buyer took it to a mechanic who discovered this. Said he didn't know why. I tried it and it does push back. Could that be a vacuum leak? Bad booster? Would a check valve on the vacuum line help?

Thanks for any help!!!

Tocapet

umm, you got the wrong forum bro. This is 86-89 323/Familia.
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

So why does your forum say Club Protege?? That is misleading. You should rename it or just take the whole thing down. Thanks for nothing

Comment

lol, dude, read the headings, there are sections to this forum, and your in the "BF" section 86-89 323, your question belongs in the "BJ" section, which is for 1999-2003 mazda protege and protege 5. and being an ass about it won't make ppl help u either.
        Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumpncrash View Post
          lol, dude, read the headings, there are sections to this forum, and your in the "BF" section 86-89 323, your question belongs in the "BJ" section, which is for 1999-2003 mazda protege and protege 5. and being an ass about it won't make ppl help u either.
          LOL, I could say something about him and being in the BJ section, but I'll let that one go by. BTW, if you have power brakes that means revving the engine is boosting the brakes as opposed to getting the help of the power brakes even at idle. May be something wrong from that perspective but I don't know for sure. After all, I don't put my foot on the brake when I'm stepping on the gas unless I'm trying to slam through a turn and keep my boost up (which I honestly don't do either... LOL)

Comment

Hello Brother Tom.....

Originally posted by Tocapet View Post
            Weird thing... On my '99 Protege, If you hold the car with the brakes and give a little gas, the brake pedal pushes back against your foot. I was going to sell the car and the prospective buyer took it to a mechanic who discovered this. Said he didn't know why. I tried it and it does push back. Could that be a vacuum leak? Bad booster? Would a check valve on the vacuum line help?

Thanks for any help!!!

Tocapet
            Welcome to Club Protege home of many Mazdas.

You just posted in the BF section or the late 80s 323s, the fore runners of the Proteges known to us as the 1st generation Proteges.

I'm perty old, and I'm called learning vernin here besides all other names I'm called.

Just like people this site my not be perfect for everone, but has been for me.

It took me over a year of observing before I even chimed in often.

I'm still seeing threads on this site that is of value to me and my Mazda toys.

Since my 1st Protege in 04, I now have many. Ask what I'll tell you.

I do also have the BF, which is what brought me here to welcome you.

Any questions Sir, feel free to personal message me by clicking my username will prompt you to either email me or Personal Message me.

Don't be a stranger, since you live in Cowtown, erver heard of Bill Mac's open road show, or Roy D. Mercer of OK. Roy and I are bastard cousins. Joking around, or lol, laughing out loud!

Hope you'll join us on other threads Tom.

Best wishes Sir,

David
            Ky
            David
            sigpic Ky

Comment

Yes, Listen, this here is Roy D. Mercer. Its nothin for me to whoop a mans ass.
              Phil and Brent are AWESOME! Funny i can even listen to them out here on the west coast.
              Mazda
              1988 Black 323 GT
              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Wul Baa Gord,

back to topic,

the brake deal, is something I must master. I am in training of brakes by friends.

I paid for my calipers to be rebuilt on my BF last August.

Guess I need to build self confidence so to rest sure I can rework brakes from all angles. My Proteges brakes kinda suck, I will want to completely do lines calipers and rotor when I referb the whole car.

On the BF again, I here that the wheel bearings are notoriously going bad in these cars, what is the facts on that?

David
                Ky
                David
                sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by Tocapet View Post
                  So why does your forum say Club Protege?? That is misleading. You should rename it or just take the whole thing down. Thanks for nothing
                  First of all I moved this thread to the proper section. 2nd an attitude such as yours is not tolerated at all. If you open your eyes and read the WHOLE home page you'd realize there's many different years of protege's and that's why we split them up.

On topic I do hope you fix your problem.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                  X