Noob needs some front brake help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob needs some front brake help.

Hey guys and girls I'm new here and this is my first post so you'l have to be patient with me LOL. I have a black 99 Protege the front brakes are dieing (rusted, warped, and getting weaker). Im going to replace/swap out the front brakes with new OEM pads and rotors, the rear breaks are only a year old. So how much do you guys think this will cost? and how had is it to do myself? I searched around but could't find any DIYs or pics/posts to help. Thanks.

Bump

Comment

go to local auto store and ask them on prices

as far as DIY, i can walk you through it, but it's easier to just google, they're all basically the same, unbolt stuff, push brake piston back in with a C-clamp, bolt everything back up

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_t...ace_brakes.htm something like that
      Last edited by tehstocker99; 06-15-2010, 08:56 PM.
      Originally posted by 90prtege
      have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
      Originally posted by Turpro
      Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
      CRZbrussian: that sux
      CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
      CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Thanks that video helped with some questions I have, and I just bout a Haynes Manual so Its just the rusty bolts to stop me now. LOL

Comment

Go out the day before and soak rusty bolts in PB blaster or some form of penetrating spray (no homo) to help make the work easier.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Thanks D323, Ill have to do that. Took the car out the other day to move it around a bit and warm it up, and the brakes felt like extreme ABS. I don't have ABS!! I got a price quote of $200 for front pads and rotors from mazda, What do you guys think? dose that seem reasonable?

Comment

You can get them cheaper through a local autoparts store. You could probably find some slotted rotors and a good set of pads for that, so why stay oem? Thats if your willing to spend $200 for the parts. It would be a good idea to pick up a bottle of medium strength (blue) loctite for the caliper bracket bolts. I can't remember how the brakes are set up on the 99 but make sure any guide pins and anti-rattle clips are lubricated with a thin film of synthetic grease.

Comment

Working...
              X