Good for rebuild...engine died

*INFO*
    -AT 2.0L Engine
    -Engine has approx. 108,000 miles on it
    -More info PM me

*PRICE*
    -Asking $400 OBO

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:
    4 17" exel TZ 7 rims w/2 good tires (other 2 need to be replaced) -- $150

Very interesting. Might have to give this some thought, would be nice to have an engine I could build and then drop in. What exactly went wrong with the engine?

Comment

i have no idea...this is a quick summary of what happened:
      4/30/05, got an oil change at mobile express
      5/7/05, engine started making the "loose marble" noise....checked the oil...it was DRY!
      the oil light came on ONE time, the day the car died.
      I take very good car of my car, have all my reciepts for the maintenance, change the oil once a month...so i dunno what happened.

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:

Comment

I KNOW WHAT HAPPEN....mobile express owes u a engine..

Comment

Sounds like they didn't put the plug back into the oiol pan after the oil change. Oil starvation seems to be the culprit.

Comment

i checked everything...everything was secure and tight...i dunno...i just had to dish out $ to get a new engine

www.floridamazdaclub.com

For Sale:

Comment

They probably didn't put ANY oil in. I've actually heard of **** like that happening at those type of drive-thru places.
              My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
              - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

or not enough
                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!
                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yea, well i tried to argue the point w/them, but they dont want to take the blame :/

www.floridamazdaclub.com

For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by PRican_Angel
                    i have no idea...this is a quick summary of what happened:
                    4/30/05, got an oil change at mobile express
                    5/7/05, engine started making the "loose marble" noise....checked the oil...it was DRY!
                    the oil light came on ONE time, the day the car died.
                    I take very good car of my car, have all my reciepts for the maintenance, change the oil once a month...so i dunno what happened.
                    Have you ever considered retaining an attourney? It sure sounds as if you one helluvu law suit on your hands. jitb37 said it best, they owe you an engine.
                    Get all of your paper work together and take it to them first, see if they would like to settle out of court. If not, then retain an attouney. Take my advise on this matter. I have been around law my entire life. My father was a private practice attouney for 10 yrs, assistant city couselor for the City of St. Louis for 15 yrs and a Circuit Judge for the State of Missouri for 20 yrs. I know what I am talking about in law matters.
                    GOOD LUCK ANGEL.
                    Last edited by dwpeek; 06-08-2005, 02:32 PM.
                    Stuff for sale PM me if you are interested.

Comment

My goodness, if you are being honest about your account of this, it's that place that did it to you. I don't think it was on purpose unless you got into some kind of an arguement with someone there. You may have even said something you thought was ok but was an insult to them. I think the more likely thing is that the guy who drained the oil is so bored with the monotony of draining and filling oil all day long that after he drained it and tightened the bolt, he may have put only two quarts of oil in and went off and did something. He then came back convinced he had put all the the oil in. He may have even put only one quart of oil and then put the oil cap back on and said "finished with another one". That is the more likely scenario. Get your story organized and go back there with a letter stating everything the way you remember it happening. Not only is this story more likely. You are also not looking like you're pointing the finger at them and saying that they did it on purpose. It doesn't hurt to try.

Comment

thanks for your feedback guys...i really need to do something about it ASAP...what i've been stressing for the most is getting my car back....finally got it back....spent $1811 on the engine....SOOOOO, i really need to try and get this settled, but i dont have more $$ to be dishing out...so i dunno....but your right....it doesnt hurt to try.

www.floridamazdaclub.com

For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by PRican_Angel
                          spent $1811 on the engine
                          You paid $1800 for the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                            You paid $1800 for the engine?
                            I'm sure that includes removing the old one and installing the new one. I'm not saying that makes it a good deal but I know she's not talking about the engine alone.

Comment

Just checking, because I know $1800 is about what Mazda would charge for an engine if she got it from them. I just recently had to buy a new engine, paid $775 shipped for the complete longblock and install is going to be $450.

Comment

Working...
                              X