MazdaSpeed/Protege 5/MP3/3rd Gen Triangulated Strut Tower Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redfyre
    You will need the additional reinforcement with a steel bar because steel is less rigid than aluminum. Not to mention it is heavier. I'll stick with my stock aluminum bar and save myself the money thanks.

I've seen CP racings products on my friends cars and can vouch for its quality. You won't be dissapointed with this product.
    -Dave

Comment

Notice how every time you see a pic of this stb installed, it's on an MSP? That's because IT DOESNT FIT on a car with cruise control.
      I just thought I'd save someone the 175 bucks abd the hassle that I've been going through for the last couple of days. If Essential Speed says they'll make you a bracket, laugh and hang up. It doesn't even come close to fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Natey
        Notice how every time you see a pic of this stb installed, it's on an MSP? That's because IT DOESNT FIT on a car with cruise control.
        I just thought I'd save someone the 175 bucks abd the hassle that I've been going through for the last couple of days. If Essential Speed says they'll make you a bracket, laugh and hang up. It doesn't even come close to fitting.

I got it to fit. I guess I should have given it a little more time before I went off the handle like that. Sorry.

Last edited by Natey; 04-16-2004, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CP Racing
          Aluminum is not more rigid than steel, sorry. But thank you for the morning humor.
          Uh.. yes it is. Why do you think they make high end bikes out of aluminium. It has a higher strength to weight ratio. Aluminium is stiff, steel has more resilience (flex).
          2002 Blackmica P5
          CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Working...
          X