GTX front clip on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX front clip on ebay

I thought someone might be interested in this...

yeah and also there is always one on there so if u need to find one
    i is dumb

Comment

Is that really worth it though? I mean i know you get a bunch of goodies in the front clip, but cant you almost source them for cheaper?

Main reason is I want to do a swap and I was just wondering if buying the motor is cheaper than bvuying a whole front clip.

I guess sourcing the parts would take longer, but I am in Texas so S&H for the clip would be alot. I would spend more than just 2100 in getting the motor to my door alone aside from all the other costs of swapping the motor in.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

but with the front clip ui get the harness intercooler all piping motor mounts (if u need them) and ecu too plus u get the gtx strut bar
        i is dumb

Comment

I thought that the stock GTX intercooler was too small, and most swapped it out anyways for better efficency?

Comment

well most ppl do but some would prolly use the stock one because of tubing and fittment issues
            i is dumb

Comment

if you get the front clip all you would need is a fuel pump, the i/c is a factory one so you know it's fine. You just won't get optimal performance w/ the cheesy side mount. but if you spend the 1900 on the clip 3-400 to ship 95 on a pump and you'd have a full swap. Later on you can do other mods, but it would run EXCELLENT like that. I would do it if i had the $.
              00 dakota 4x4
              90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

do the clips off of ebay include ECU and harness?
                I guess I need to email the guy I am going to buy it from before I buy it to find out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                  do the clips off of ebay include ECU and harness?
                  I guess I need to email the guy I am going to buy it from before I buy it to find out for sure.
                  Directly from the auction page:

"RICKYS AUTO CENTER LOCATED IN MIAMI, FL. HAS FOR SALE (1) MAZDA PROTEGE (GTX),CHASIS CODE BG8Z/BG8R , BPT ,TURBO 1.8L ,COMPLETE FRONT CLIP,FOR SALE.THIS IS THE ENTIRE FRONT OF THE CAR,WITH RADIATOR,TURBO,PIPING, INTERCOOLER,TRANSMISSION,HARNESS, ECU ,COMPLETE HARNESS,IGNITOR,MAF,AND MORE."
                  -------------------------
                  '91 LX
                  '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                  well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

it's the FULL swap dude, go for it.
                    00 dakota 4x4
                    90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Damn. I had seen that acution in the past, but never read that before, guess they added that or I missed t before.

Either way..... damn governament hurry up with my tax refund check.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                        Damn. I had seen that acution in the past, but never read that before, guess they added that or I missed t before.

Either way..... damn governament hurry up with my tax refund check.
                        It's always been there

The problem I see with buying front clips is that you don't know what you'll be getting until you actually receive the front clip. I mean, the condition of the headlights, bumper, etc... is not guaranteed to be perfect. It is very possible that you'll receive a clip with messed up grill, lights, bumper...
                        ...and those are some of the things that actually make the price of the front clip reasonable to buy...
                        '91 LX
                        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

well a motor and ecu and harness at some places will run u the same price so with this u could get the front bumper and lights thats a hell of a deal
                          i is dumb

Comment

yeah after thinking about it, I think that I am going to go with a front clip and swap it all over.

Headlights and grille would be nice, but not neccesary. I am semi leaning toward doing the bimmer conversion that you did Identity X. I really like that and think it looks awesome with some e spec corners or something.

Comment

Working...
                            X