Wings West bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wings West bumper

I need to get rid of this thing and get the right year bumper. The Wings West urethane bumper is made for the 99-02 MP3 only! So I guess this would be limited to those with the MP3. Its still relatively new and has been in its box since I first got it. I can get pictures if need be. Im looking to let it go for 250.00. For 50.00 more, I would be willing to throw in the fender flares that normally come with the kit (Wings West MPS Extreme Fender Flare kit). PM me if interested or e-mail me at wdstud@yahoo.com . Thanks.

The wings west bumper will only work for 01+ Protege's. They didn't make an MP3 until 2001.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

so he means 99-01 protege's not mp3's right?
      Visit My Garage

Comment

It will only work for 01+ Protege's. The headlights/front fenders are different on the 99/00 models. This bumper will not work.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Yea i wish it would fit mine I need a front bumper bad......Blah why cant mine be a 01 instead of a 00.......I'm going to cry.................
          "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Thats why I said 99-01 MP3s. On the front bumper itself (on the back), it says, " 99-01+ MP3 only". So thats why it will only work on the MP3s and not the regular sedans. Im not trying to confuse anyone or trick them into buying a part that won't fit their car. Im just stating what it says on the back of the piece itself. I can try to get a picture if anyone wants to see for him/herself. But I would like to try and get this thing sold and I want to make sure the part will work. So once again, this bumper will NOT work on 99/00 sedans. Only on the 01+ Protege (both sedan and MP3)? Correct me if im wrong. I would be willing to negotiate, but not too much lower than asking price.

Comment

MAn i would buy it right now if it would fit.......lol sucks....
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by mazdachic
                Yea i wish it would fit mine I need a front bumper bad......Blah why cant mine be a 01 instead of a 00.......I'm going to cry.................

Comment

It will ONLY work on 2001+ Protege's. THE MP3 IS A PROTEGE. It was only made for model year 2001. Wings West doesn't know what the **** they are talking about.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                    It will ONLY work on 2001+ Protege's. THE MP3 IS A PROTEGE. It was only made for model year 2001. Wings West doesn't know what the **** they are talking about.
                    Didn't the mp3's have the same mounting brackets as the p5's though? If so, then they are different than the normal sedan brackets and would need to be modified.

Comment

It has a different bumper reinforcement and fender lining. If you had a regular sedan, youd probably need these.

At least you wont have to order entirely new headlights and fenders.

My pet peeve with Wings West is why they would sell a product that's only marginally different than the stock MP3 front bumper, AND ONLY SELL IT TO "MP3"s! WTF.

Let me buy a souped up Protege already with a factory body kit, only to buy a new bumper that looks exactly like it except for some awesome splitters on the sides that must add another 20 horsepower to my slow econocar!
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

On their site they have 2 versions, one for the sedan and one for the mp3... I think they're just trying to be accomodating. But I agree, I don't see the point.

Comment

I saw both versions of the kit. One is for 01+ Protege sedans and the other is strictly for 01+ MP3s. I bought the kit that is for the regular sedan. At the time, WW was advertising the kit to fit the 99-00 sedan as well, but later took that back and said it was just for the 01+ model years. I bought the fender flares separate and when installed, it would look like I bought the kit for the MP3. But then it came to my attention (and a lot of feedback that the bumper wouldn't work) that the headlights on the 99-00 and 01+ sedans are different. So thats why I need to sell this as soon as I can and buy a new bumper. I want to have all my parts when I go and get paint/install done.

Comment

So no one is interested in it?

Comment

Here are the pics of the bumper. Im not sure if you can see the last pic clearly, but it does say, "99-02 Protege MP3" on the back of the piece...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X