Selling My Familia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what was your reserve?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

My reserve was at $4,000
      (sold!)
      1994 Mazda Protege/Familia 4dr Gtx motor, Sparco intercooler w/custom piping, hks blow off, mandrel bend 2.5"exhaust, gtx front and rear bumpers, jdm headlights, jdm led wing, jdm gtx grill, jdm strut bar

Comment

Me sell my car? Im not a sell out. There's a reason why I have 2 boosted familia's

Originally posted by 323Foreword
        Really nice car

I thought it was yours proto420 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda...QQcmdZViewItem
        1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

I cant believe no one wants this car. This is a steal
          1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

ohh im sure lots of people want it.....but like me, don't have the money atm..
            Eat ****.

Comment

i want it but cant afford it right now i have about that much into my gt with out being turbo'd yet, i cant even find my self a transmission every j/y i have called told me good luck.

Comment

What state do you live in cause around here there all over the place and they go for $150 w/a 90 day warranty or 3 trannys which ever comes first.

Originally posted by smoke187
                i want it but cant afford it right now i have about that much into my gt with out being turbo'd yet, i cant even find my self a transmission every j/y i have called told me good luck.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

im in buffalo, ny i found my gt by pure luck not many around my area

Comment

If she is not sold she will probably end up being put back to stock and get parted out. And the parts wont be cheap. So its a better buy to get it how it sits.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

The thing is, you can never make even close to what you spent on upgrades. Let me use non-upgrade fixers as an example. If you have, say, a 94 Protege in perfect condition for $2500 but the paint is the only thing not glossy like new. You then spend $600 on a paint job and put it for sale. Guess what you get? Right, the same $2500. You have some dirty looking but non-torn seats and put the car for $2500. You decide to get a set from the junkyard that are in great shape. You then get the same $2500 for the car. The only thing I've noticed that fixing things up gets you is a faster sale but not more money. Now, I know we're talking mods here and not just plain cheap mods. In your case, you WILL ofcourse get more money than a stock car. However, the above still applies in that it will not be easy to get even half of what you should for all the money and labor and love that has been put into the car. You literally have to keep working at selling it. Sometimes it takes months but you find a buyer. Sometimes it's just a week. Sometimes the months pass by and you either keep her or little by little keep reducing the price until someone gets a bargain and you get a bruised wallet and bruised heart. You gotta hope you get that coincidence that someone who wants that kind of car and happens to currently have the money for it crosses your path(or ad). Wish you the best.

Comment

sad but often true. You never get back what you have into it.

Comment

What? i have put around $5000 into my car including buying it. I was offered $6000 for it the other day from a ricer kid. I told him no, it wasn't for sale, he insisted that if I want to sell it he would pay me $6000 cash for it... and so it begins

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Originally posted by BuGS
                            What? i have put around $5000 into my car including buying it. I was offered $6000 for it the other day from a ricer kid. I told him no, it wasn't for sale, he insisted that if I want to sell it he would pay me $6000 cash for it... and so it begins
                            I don't understand. If someone is willing to give you $1000 more than you've spent on it, how can you be sad? People normally LOSE money.

Comment

not all is about the money.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                              Mods:
                              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                                not all is about the money.
                                True dat.

I know I would never sell my car, because no one would ever pay what I would ask for it. It's all about how much it is worth to me. My car means alot to me. Way more than it would to anyone else. More than money is the countless hours I have spent on(with) my car, the late nights, the blood, sweat, and tears. It's nothing special, it's just my first and only car.

BUMP FOR A SWEET CAR!

Comment

Working...
                                X