For Sale: '00 Protege LX $1500 obo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale: '00 Protege LX $1500 obo

I have my wife's 2000 Protege LX for sale. I got in a little fender bender, and the wife doesn't want it anymore. I wanted to fix it and change the color, but she says the car has a 'bad vibe' now. So before I bolt on the new sheet metal, I am going to put it up for sale.

The rundown:
    I am located in Baltimore, MD
    Car is at my friends shop in Aberdeen, MD (1/2 hour north of Baltimore)
    2000 Protege LX
    Automatic (Replaced at 88k with a unit that had approximately 40K)
    1.6 DOHC
    101,500 miles
    Progress Springs
    Newer pads and rotors
    Corksport Urethane engine mounts
    17" MB Wheels with 205/40/17 Nitto Neo-Gens (rims curbed a bit)
    SuperTrapp muffler (looks wierd sounds good, wife got mad when I put it on )

As far as the accident damage is concerned, I pulled out and straightened the drivers side core support where it was hit. She was hit by a van so all the damage was high and occured at about 15mph. If the sheetmetal is a little off when I bolt it up, I was going to replace the core support.

Here is what I am looking to get:

$1500 as is
    $2500 with all the new hood, fender, core support, bumper cover and bumper reinforcement, headlight and corner light(these are the only parts that were damaged)
    $3500 with whole car painted, figured if I were to get the front clip and blended, I will have the whole thing freshened up.

Here are the pics:
    Last edited by qcoffey; 07-16-2007, 10:25 PM. Reason: posted pics wrong

Sorry, I didn't put the pics on correctly the first time. This should work.
    Attached Files

Comment

More info/pics of car please.

I have a friend who might be interested.

Comment

What sort of info are you looking for? Also, what would you like to get pics of?

Comment

is the 1500 version as is in the pics? or will it have the old pieces back on and what condition are those pieces in?
          In the Garage
          Black 93 MX-3 GS
          Bp powered
          GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
          MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Yes $1500 is as is in the pics. The parts are pretty unusable. The drivers headlight and corner light disintegrated in the collision. The hood was bent back and is not really reusable as it won't close. The grille and the passenger headlight were untouched and are in the car.

I guess if you wanted to try to fix the old parts or bolt them back on the bumper cover, bumper reinforcement and fender could be reused. But those parts wouldn't have the same crash protection in the future. The bumper reinforcement is cracked, but that is your choice.

The car is a bargain in any condition. It runs excellent and has a low mileage tranny. It gets good gas mileage. It rides and handles great with the progress springs and it has some nice looking wheels on it. It also comes with the factory wheels and hubcaps with perfect tires. I want to keep it, but the wife wants something new.
            Last edited by qcoffey; 07-18-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

i am interested, it you can garantee the bumper and 1 headlight bolt up and run long enough to get it back to tn, also i need to talk to my banker...lol

1500 includes the factory wheels right?
              Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger
              Project Car - looking for a clean AWD Protege, or maybe a monster Miata donor

Comment

FYI I have connections in Baltimore to get a forum member the needed parts if they buy it.

good luck with the sale!
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

can you post pics of everything else included, as well as the interior and engine bay? i am wondering if the hood would be at least usable to get home

<EDIT> Honestly i guess i would want a picture of the car after the wreck but before the repairs
                  Last edited by hit25cal; 07-19-2007, 01:53 AM.
                  Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger

Comment

i might be interested in the $2500 deal.... just trying to figure out how much it would cost to get out there to get it. i'm tryign to find a car to replace my egt... i want something i won't have to put much money into for at least a couple of years but will safely get me too and from work and on road trips to visit family and such.... heck i would even take a weekend off and spend like saturday helping fix the parts if needed
                    In the Garage
                    Black 93 MX-3 GS
                    Bp powered
                    GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

pm sent a week ago, please check messages

Comment

^^^ Pm responded to. Sorry so late.

Comment

Still for sale.

My wife would much rather be driving her Protege than her mother's Buick.

So, I am going to start placing the panels on it, which will make the price go up. Act Fast.

Comment

well i wish you would have let me know last week it was for sale... i gave up waiting and bought a hyundai... i really wanted another mazda
                            In the Garage
                            Black 93 MX-3 GS
                            Bp powered
                            GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

qcoffey still have that gt sitting around?
                              Last edited by smoke187; 08-19-2007, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X