This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRRC's Grey Protege for sale

Well, It's time to move on. Most of you know the cars history, but for those who don't, here's the scoop. A 1991 Protege LX 5spd, bought in November of '06, wrecked in December, rebuilt and driven in april and may. The only problem right now is the drivers side axle kinda pulsates when you drive. Not all the time, and if you didn't know you might not notice it. The body is in pretty good shape, all the damage has been repaired. I'm just sick of working on it, and not knowing what this axle issue might be. So, I want to move on to something else, and just get this thing out of my yard. It's for sale on Ebay, so if anyone's interested, PLEASE BID! I have a replacement door for the right rear that's dented, Power windows all work great, cruise control works, car runs strong, no smoke. Trannie is in great shape (5spd), no radio, interior is in good condition, sunroof works good, it does need two flanges on the exhaust, but is all intact otherwise. Tires are good, matching Uniroyals, fogs work, and look very slick, 154,000 miles. Car is located in Travelers Rest, S.C. Help me out guys! I'll be happy to post more pics/ info as needed.
    Attached Files

That car sure has been through the ringer!

The axle vibration, it is under accelleration only? Is it a cheesy parts store reman axle?

It's most likely the inner driver. It was probably driven without grease, and was worn down.

Toss a new axle in there, and your problem should go away.

Good luck with the sale.

Comment

So we all get an idea of what you're asking for it:

Comment

If you were local it'd be sold!

MrH.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC View Post
            Sold
            Make sure you tell the new owners of this site . Good luck in the future.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Car sold, thread closed.

Comment

Working...
              X