This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free: 1994 DX Rolling Chassis, Charlottesville VA

I will add photos TOMORROW (05/10/2008). I am on travel and need to start working on getting this car gone ASAP.

Run of the mill 1994 Protege DX, teal, essentially rust free (there's always a little bit for a VA car). It's clean, the paint on the roof is losing its clearcoat as is typical for a car this age.

IT HAS NO NO ENGINE and NO TRANSMISSION (this is a five speed car, all of the hydraulics, pedals, etc are in place). Tires are in bad shape. All of the electrical stuff worked though the auto-seatbelts are not the best.

If you want parts, sign the title and take the car - then you can have all the parts you want.

The car has a clean title. It will be donated to the local technical school end of May (or sooner) if there are no takers. I figured someone who likes Proteges might appreciate a free project.

It is a simple car, the photos which I will add tomorrow will tell the rest of the story.

ttt

The bungee cord on the passenger side fender is supporting the A/C compressor. When I pulled then engine I had a good charge and the A/C worked fine.

Free to anyone who wants it.
    Attached Files

Comment

dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37 View Post
        dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        You know you want it Joseph . Perfect car for that swap we've talked about
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

May 30th at the latest, I donate it. Anyone may come and get it before then. I'll donate it sooner if there's really no interest in a free rolling chassis. I'm not going to put much effort into ridding of this one but I just wanted to be sure if an enthusiast wanted it they could get it.

The interior is complete, has late style MX-3 seats which still need the seatbelt webbing converted to have the late style MX-3 style buckles (if you use Protege buckles, they will work but you stand a good chance of breaking the return spur in the buckle). The trunk's lock cylinder is jammed. The passenger side door had someone poke a screwdriver through and break in at some point, despite the car someone thought it was worth the effort...

That's it though. Not much else noteworthy, it's a clean slate for a project or an easy restoration.

Comment

It's gone

Thanks!!!

Comment

Congrats. Thread closed now
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
              X