Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FS] 1989 Ford Festiva

Hello All,

Well the wife wants to sell the daily driver so she can buy a 1993 Bonneville SSEI. Car is very dirty in the pictures, the yellow is alot brighter normally.

1989 Ford Festiva - yellow
    Automatic
    Body - 130,000 miles (130,000-86,000 = 44,000 +23,000 = 67,000)
    Engine and transmission - 67,000 miles
    $1700 obo

My uncle found the car with about 86,000 miles and blown engine but it had too good of a body to give up, so he bought it, then he came across a completely totaled festiva that was wrapped around a pole with only 23,000 miles on the engine and transmission. He swapped the complete drivetrain out of the low mile stiva into the good shell and came up with this car. He had his nephew give it a paint job with Canary Yellow paint because he wanted it to be more visible. The engine bay, door sills, and interior is still the original red-maroon color though.

Good:

Complete AC system (has not been recharged since swap)
    Aspire Brake Swap
    Calipers and pads about 6 months old (bought new)
    Rotors are good but have alittle shudder when braking
    13" Aspire Steel rims
    Brand new (1 week old) winter tires
    Good looking interior
    Extra set of front and back seat
    Cargo Cover
    Brand new rear struts (1 week old)
    Almost no rust
    CD Player
    Manual Seat Belts
    Good wheel bearings - drivers side front just replaced, passenger sounds good, rears should be repacked soon.
    New headgasket this summer, and intake manifold gasket
    New muffler last fall
    New Ball joints when I bought it a year ago
    New fuel filter this summer
    New air filter this summer
    Oil changes every 3000 miles

Bad:

-It does have newer front struts (less than year old) but I cross threaded the top nut when I put them on so they should be replaced.
    -couple spots of surface rust on hatch that could easily be fixed, one spot on rear wheel well

-AC system needs to be charged
    -Radiator did have a small leak, will throw in another automatic radiator if you want it.
    -Heavy duty rear springs on back, I went to put the stock ones on last week with the new struts but I can only find one, you can have it too if you want it.
    -Needs front end alignment!!! This is the biggest problem.

If you buy this car for the full price I will include the following extra's

-Radiator
    -I may have a extra hood you can have
    -Door skins with door pockets (brown)
    -
    -14" steel rims
    -15" Enkei rims with rear spacers (some curb rash nothing a paintjob wouldn't cure, bought from ProjectB6t last year)
    There on the car in this picture:

Car runs good, drives good. I drove it down to Washington DC this summer and back with no problems. If you live close enough and want to come check it out your more than welcome. PM me with questions, I know there is more I am forgetting. I may be interested in a trade for a good condition mx-3 or protege, but would have to see, my wife really wants this Bonneville and thats the only reason I am selling my car.

Logan

whats the blue book on that thing?
    GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
    AND
    THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

want to trade for an MX-3 with a BP on the side and the Miata rear suspension stuff?
      2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Well KBB says 1375 but the value of the cars have come up a bit with gas prices. I should have sold it a couple of months ago ppl were going nuts.

Nerd - Maybe, but my wife really wants to try and get the Bonneville first, its a sweet car.

Comment

the SSEI's were pretty fun, let me know man, also I posted on the festiva forums about some stuff, if you could let me know about that too.
          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

oh man i always wanted one of these !!!

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Mr. God, some guy in NYC just sold two of them, and I think one had a B6T motor in it :-)

Comment

Working...
              X