2002 Mazda Protege DX anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Mazda Protege DX anyone??

I have recently found another car Id like to look in to. I am putting this on here to see what you guys think.

First off..the car is very reliable. It is manual. (which is obviously the only way to go) I have had it about 11 months and it has not once failed me. This means no trouble on anything. I replaced the side mirrors with aftermarket mirrors. I also replaced the tail lights with carbon fiber altezza lights..as you can see. I also bought some xenon white light bulbs for it. Great visability at night. There are nice 400W 6 x 9s in it as well. The reason I do not have any hub caps is because I took them off to clean and i accidentally stepped on them. I realized 3 of the did me no good so I threw the away. If someone thinks the car is worth something I can provide hub caps.

Maintenance on it has been normal. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and have had new tires put on it. When I bought it there was 86,000 miles on it and there are now 105,000.

I bought it about 11 months ago for $4,200. I am wanting to sell it for $3,600.

My pictures are attachments so look at them at let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Nice car! I have one myself ('02 DX, M/T, millenium red). I agree they are very reliable. I bought mine new and have never had any kind of problem. Even stock they handle well and are fun to drive. I can't help you out with a seliing price because frankly I've never thought of selling mine and therefore never tried to find out what they're currently worth.

IMO, this is a great car either as a daily driver or as a platform for some judicious modding.

Good luck with making a sale.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

You do relize the paper with screen name is suppose to be IN the pic with the car? Lol
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

ugh want that motor n trans so bad

Comment

C'mon guys I need some numbers here! haha
          Just tell me what you think its worth because I looked up the kelley blue book value and it is showing me about $4,200??
          That sounds good to me just let me know what you think

thanks

Comment

yeah id say that's about right somewhere because its so clean but because of the mileage id say you might get around 3500

Comment

Thanks
              I think Im going to go ahead and sell it on autotrader if anyone wants to look it up.
              i probably wont post it for a few days though so if you like it check it out

Comment

Working...
              X