B8 throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B8 throttle body

Anybody happen to have a sohc throttle body I can buy off them?
    M/T tps. Doesnt have to have the aic.
    Last edited by 92dx; 08-28-2006, 11:08 PM.
    DX BP swap/turbo build

Originally posted by 92dx
    Anybody happen to have a sohc throttle body I can buy off them?
    M/T tps. Doesnt have to have the aic.
    You know the DOHC M/T TB also works on the SOHC engine just fine. It's just a little bigger bore.
    Back in BG business.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor_Protege
      You know the DOHC M/T TB also works on the SOHC engine just fine. It's just a little bigger bore.
      indeed I do, thats what Im running right now, have been for about 6 months..you also have to port the plenum to match to actually make it worth it, which Ive done.

It kinda hurts low end tq alittle, but I feel an improvement on the highway and higher rpm's...I wanna put a B8 T/B back on to see which I like better. The sohc isnt much for high rpm anyways, lol. It was basically just to see what it would do. I sold the b8 t/b I had on ebay.

thanks for the reply, tho.

bump
      Last edited by 92dx; 08-29-2006, 02:41 PM.
      DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

indeed I do, thats what Im running right now, have been for about 6 months..you also have to port the plenum to match to actually make it worth it, which Ive done.

It kinda hurts low end tq alittle, but I feel an improvement on the highway and higher rpm's...I wanna put a B8 T/B back on to see which I like better. The sohc isnt much for high rpm anyways, lol. It was basically just to see what it would do. I sold the b8 t/b I had on ebay.

thanks for the reply, tho.

bump
        I see. I used to have one but I threw it out. MX-3 guys usually have a lot of extra TBs from the sohc 1.6. You might want to try mx-3.com. I think it's the same size as the 1.8? Good luck.
        Back in BG business.

Comment

I probably have one, I'll look this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor_Protege
            I see. I used to have one but I threw it out. MX-3 guys usually have a lot of extra TBs from the sohc 1.6. You might want to try mx-3.com. I think it's the same size as the 1.8? Good luck.
            iirc, the sohc b6 t/b is 50mm, the b8 is 55mm, and the bp is 60mm.

Originally posted by 1967cutlass
            I probably have one, I'll look this weekend

Thanks, I was just wondering if someone on here had one before I try looking other places.
            DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Good to know, thanks.
              Back in BG business.

Comment

Thanks, I was just wondering if someone on here had one before I try looking other places.
                I have a new in the box DOHC 5 speed t/b but from your post you may not be interested in the DOHC one.

Comment

Originally posted by allmazda
                  I have a new in the box DOHC 5 speed t/b but from your post you may not be interested in the DOHC one.
                  Yeah, that's what he is currently running.

Comment

i have the b8-me throttle body i can sell you i dont know if you got one let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X