WTB: SOHC Head or Full Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: SOHC Head or Full Motor

Some how one of my spark plug holes managed to become stripped, so I need to replace the head. Anyone got one they can ship to me relatively cheaply?
    Current Cars
    2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
    1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
    1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
    1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Why not just try to tap a heeli-coil in there.. Look up "Permaplug".

Comment

I recommend what pox says, but if you're not up to the task, pm me. I've a head I'm willing to part with. taps, like all mazdas, but nothing a light hla cleaning won't fix. let me know if you want it.
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Heli-coiling a spark plug hole is either a hit or a miss. I hope you have a plan B.

This is a perfect opportunity/excuse to swap to a DOHC.

Comment

Like I told you in pm, we can hit the jy that I usually hit one weekend. There's a bunch of sohc pros there. Let me know Aj.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

tt,

I might take you up on that Junk yard offer as well
            Current Cars
            2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
            1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road

Comment

if you are looking for a brand new waterpump for that engine, I have one for sale and it is still in the sealed bag. PM me if you are interested.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
              cell 506-381-3503
              email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Is this on a 1.6 or 1.8
                Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

1.8, I have one for him, just haven't taken it off the block yet.
                  No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

I sent you a PM, again
                    Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

that's amazing! I sent you one too

finally haha

Comment

Working...
                      X