Looking for cheap rebuilt/reman BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for cheap rebuilt/reman BP

I flip-flop between a GTX swap or BP swap. I've decided if I come across another cheap reman BP, like the $550 BP on eBay, I'll buy it. So if you guys see one let me know.
    2005 Mazda 3

I didn't look at the ebay link to see if they still have them but they're 700.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

they are all out.
      ---prakash

Comment

ah man, you can find a used bp at a few engine shops around town.... u should be able to get a bp for 5-650$, and gtx's run from 750-850$, at nad auto.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37 View Post
          ah man, you can find a used bp at a few engine shops around town.... u should be able to get a bp for 5-650$, and gtx's run from 750-850$, at nad auto.
          I emailed NAD a month or so ago and they didn't have any GTX motors and didn't know when they would get more. Though I have found several other places to get a used GTX engine. If I am going with an NA BP I would like a reman and not used, if I am going to rebuild then i'll go GTX.
          2005 Mazda 3

Comment

oh ok.... best japanese supposedly carries gtx's

Comment

oh ok.... best japanese supposedly carries gtx's
              Nope, stopped by there in person before emailing NAD.
              2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343 View Post
                Nope, stopped by there in person before emailing NAD.

dam well looks like your on it...

you could save alot of money, and get a motor form the yard, and just rebuild it for ur 550$ price, with a 75$ motor u cant go wrong...lol

Comment

dam well looks like your on it...

you could save alot of money, and get a motor form the yard, and just rebuild it for ur 550$ price, with a 75$ motor u cant go wrong...lol
                  Assuming I don't need any machine work done, but aren't most gasket sets $500+ alone? Then I'm looking at oil and water pump, etc
                  Flyin' Miata is the world leader in Miata performance and well-engineered, proven Miata MX5 components. We offer parts for a full range of Mazda Miata, MX5 and Eunos Roadsters vehicles.
                  Last edited by Silentbob343; 05-10-2008, 12:43 PM.
                  2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343 View Post
                    Assuming I don't need any machine work done, but aren't most gasket sets $500+ alone? Then I'm looking at oil and water pump, etc
                    http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?...1%20%201991-93

yea true.....

Comment

Working...
                    X