Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: F-series Trans...Trade for my Kia G-Series

Well --

First off, I am located in Lawrenceville, GA. I am about 30 miles away from Atlanta. For the right trade or deal, I am willing to meet 1/2 way. So if you are within 200 miles of Atlanta we can deal. Not willing to ship anything right now.

I'm not a regular reader of these forums, but I refer to them a lot for the great tech info....

I'm one of the members of FordFestiva.com. I'm swapping a BP into my Festiva, and bought a Kia G-Series 5-spd from a member of this forum (really good guy, BTW)....because everything I've read states that these are the strongest trans that I can squeeze into my little car. Unfortunately, I am having trouble finding the special jackshaft I need to make this work (I need a Capri XR2 jackshaft -- very had to find), and I want to get this project moving along while the days are still kinda warm.

When I got the trans, I degreased it and painted it with aluminum paint. Its very clean and ready to be installed, see the pics.

I am looking to trade this for any good F series and a set of axles from a 1986-1989 Mazda 323 (non turbo) or 1986-1989 Mercury Tracer. I'm not concerned with the condition of the axles so much -- I will probably just use them for cores for rebuilt ones, but the trans must be in good shape, as mine is. I can include some cash if you have something really nice, or new axles or something.

-Scott
    Attached Files

How much would you just sell it for? Looks like you painted 'everything', lol.

--Ferdi
    If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
    -----
    Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
    Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
    Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

LOL!!!

Yeah, I did paint everything....but I blocked off any open holes and didn't paint the open electrical connectors. I fully intended to use this in my own car and my aesthetic standards are not on par with the average ricer :D In my mind the paint is only there to prevent the surface rust after degreasing and make it more resisitant to rust in the future.

I'd sell it for 90 bucks, which is less that I have in it....as long as I didnt have to drive it to you or ship it.

Comment

Ok, I am pretty sure I'll take it for $90, so I am calling dibs . I live in Stone Mountain, so we are fairly close.

--Ferdi

Edit: Just PM'ed you.
        Last edited by ftjandra; 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM.
        If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
        -----

Comment

Its ferdi's unless he doesnt show....

Ferdi, I will send you a time to come by tomorrow -- I have teachers conferences at school for my son in the afternoon, and I dont know when I'll be free. I'll let you know before 6 tomorrow.

Comment

Now I still need an F-series with the specified axles.....anyone?

Comment

i could come up with one, but i threw mine out, I didnt like the way it looked..
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

???

I guess that was a joke, but despite having an IQ as high as Obama's, I missed it.

Comment

lol, about 2 years ago i blew up my F series diff, and the pin blew out the back of the trans.

hence i didnt like the look of it

hole

and Video
                  "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                  *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                  172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                  New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Anyway I could buy that halfshaft?
                    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                    |.....Overnight....................| ||
                    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                      Anyway I could buy that halfshaft?
                      I'll sell it to you for cheap ($25 shipped?) once I pick everything up.

--Ferdi
                      -----

Comment

I'd rather not break the two pieces up, but if the guy who called dibs doesn't show we can talk - or you can maybe deal directly with him after he buys it.

Comment

Still need an F-series....anyone out there local that has one?

Comment

Transmission is sold!

Now someone help me out and sell me the other one!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ftjandra View Post
                              I'll sell it to you for cheap ($25 shipped?) once I pick everything up.

--Ferdi
                              HELL YEA. I has cash in paypal
                              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                              |.....Overnight....................| ||
                              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
                              X