WTB: Running BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Running BP

I made a thread about this a couple of months ago but I couldn't find it again. Anyhoo, I still need one. I thought I had one lined up but someone came up with cash faster than I could.

I just need the block, internals and head. I have manifolds and cams and a valve cover. I have cash as of next week, looking to spend between $400 and $500 shipped. I also have LOTS of parts I can throw in if need be.
    Last edited by redheddude222; 12-05-2008, 08:34 AM.

You should really grab a pickup truck and take a trip to my neck of the woods. There's a few bps in this yard.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
      You should really grab a pickup truck and take a trip to my neck of the woods. There's a few bps in this yard.
      I wish I could, but the truck I normally borrow just died and it's too cold for me to be outside orking on anything. I'll gladly pay you to pull and ship one for me though!

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post
        I wish I could, but the truck I normally borrow just died and it's too cold for me to be outside orking on anything. I'll gladly pay you to pull and ship one for me though!
        Just called. Full block and head with nothing on it is 149 plus 29 for core then of course taxes. Shipping is a crapshot though. It costed me 70 to ship a bare block to ct. So idk how much a long block would cost. How much are you willing to pay me to pull 1
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

If I sent you $400 would it cover everything, including your labor to pull it?

Comment

search your area on www.car-parts.com most of the junkyards on there ship just have to ask

Comment

If you want a 225,000 mile one for the cost of shipping I'll be junking one next week. It seems to run reasonably well, probably needs some maintenance things replaced just to be sure nothing breaks down the line. Timing belt and water pump would be the best start since there is no record of when it was last done. I drove the car home over 1200 miles without any issues at the beginning of October and it's been going fine this whole time. The only things I replaced were the spark plugs and oil since I knew I would be replacing the whole drive train anyway. I can strap it to a pallet at work and ship it pretty easily I just don't know what the prices would be, and it would have to be worked out by the end of the weekend probably since I'm planning on throwing it in the back of my wrecked car that's going to the junkers next week. It's located in Southern New Hampshire and can be palleted and picked up from a dock height bay if you want to look into shipping. But you would probably need to have it delivered to a business or pick it up directly from the shipping terminal.

I don't see any issues daily driving this engine in it's current state, but I wouldn't want to throw any boost at it or anything without rebuilding it.
              Last edited by Hadoken; 12-05-2008, 12:19 PM.
              Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken View Post
                If you want a 225,000 mile one for the cost of shipping I'll be junking one next week. It seems to run reasonably well, probably needs some maintenance things replaced just to be sure nothing breaks down the line. Timing belt and water pump would be the best start since there is no record of when it was last done. I drove the car home over 1200 miles without any issues at the beginning of October and it's been going fine this whole time. The only things I replaced were the spark plugs and oil since I knew I would be replacing the whole drive train anyway. I can strap it to a pallet at work and ship it pretty easily I just don't know what the prices would be, and it would have to be worked out by the end of the weekend probably since I'm planning on throwing it in the back of my wrecked car that's going to the junkers next week. It's located in Southern New Hampshire and can be palleted and picked up from a dock height bay if you want to look into shipping. But you would probably need to have it delivered to a business or pick it up directly from the shipping terminal.

I don't see any issues daily driving this engine in it's current state, but I wouldn't want to throw any boost at it or anything without rebuilding it.
                I plan on rebuilding one right now anyway since it will be getting boost. Can you get me a shipping cost to a business in 47620, Indiana?

Comment

I'll see what I can do. I'll be heading to my work shortly.
                  Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

i also am looking for one, i have a vehicle that i can prlly drive somewhere to pick it up in and throw it in tha back, because i really doubt thers a way to fit a motor into a gutted 1st gen lol or my 3rd gen p5 to say the least. so i think ill borrow my dad's van anyone in like a 200 mile ish radius. looking for a real good deal here just let me know
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

a full bp block will fit in the trunk of a 1st gen ( no trans) if you remove the trunk lid to get it in . will definitely fit in the p5 but you have to undo the door struts unless you want to lift it in by hand

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post
                        I plan on rebuilding one right now anyway since it will be getting boost. Can you get me a shipping cost to a business in 47620, Indiana?
                        I still have mine in Fort Wayne, IN if you are interested...

Let me know what you need & I'll see if I can work something out with you....
                        miss my '93 LX at every corner
                        photo album
                        Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Actually, I don't think I need one now. The head, crank, and rods from my blown engine are still good, and I have a good empty block sitting in the garage from my brother's DX. I'm just going to buy a rebuild kit with pistons and call it a day. That'll probably be cheaper than shipping a whole engine anyay.

Comment

Working...
                          X