Looking for GTX front axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for GTX front axles

I will probably end up buying rebuilds from the parts house but thought a thread here can't hurt. If you have both front GTX axles in good shape, I'm willing to buy. This is for my 4WD Protege with the BPT swap so regular axles for this car should work. It helps if you're close and don't need money but can negotiate.

Thanks.
    Last edited by 1st Gen; 09-28-2010, 09:26 PM.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

If you just need the outer joint, you should be able to use them from any fwd. I think the only difference is the part that sticks in the tranny on the drivers side. Pass side should be the same as all fwd. Not 100% but I believe this info to be true.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

My stock axles are mighty foobar. I hadn't thought about rebuilding them myself but will look into it.
      1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
      1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
      2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
      1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

The inside joints are real easy to fix. That is if the the "bearings" ball ends aren't ruined. than you can just buy a universal boot kit and put that on with some new grease. Just make sure to clean everything. Or like I said, just buy a fwd axle and trade the inner joint. Good luck man.
        edit: just looked at the photos again. For the driverside front, carefully remove the boot from the cut one pull the joint out, remove the old joint, clean everything, install it on the complete axle, pack it full of grease, and it should be good as new. Pass side just get a outer joint for a fwd. Make sure it is the complete kit though. You want to replace the clip with everything. Doesn't look like you have ABS so that saves a bit of work. Again, good luck man. If I can help any farther, send me a PM or email mattschugk@gmail.com
        Last edited by 92_2_fast; 09-30-2010, 03:34 AM.
        Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Working...
        X