Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small nose crank parts needed..harmonic balancer an such...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small nose crank parts needed..harmonic balancer an such...

Who's got spare small nose crank parts laying around? I need the harmonic balancer, bolt, shims, timing cog., all that stuff at the end of the crank. hopefully someone does and can cut me a good deal.
    ?

I have the harmonic balancer $20 plus the shipping, PM me if you're interested

Comment

I have everything for the front of the crank, including the updated bolt and key from Mazda. Let me know if you need it.

Comment

I did need it. like a dunce I didn't check this thread... Found it all at a local junk yard of $25- on Nov. 23rd.... I didn't know about the updates... what was changed? I modified mine.

Short nose stuffed with plumbers epoxy... I was now like, I want to fill this small void with a washer of some sort. So off with measurements I go to Menards....
        Click image for larger version

Name:	short 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	1234094

So I got a washer close in size, It's part #80621 1/2 ID 7/8 OD 18 gauge from Menards. I grind the OD to 22.1mm. and open the center to 13.9, test fit and off to the next step..

Name:	short 2.jpg
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	1234095

Now I take the plumbers epoxy and stuff it around the edges and over the key way...

Name:	short 3.jpg
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	1234096

I set the washer in place and used a 14mm. socket and hammer to firmly beat it in. With a razor I scrap off the excess epoxy. Since the key was a slight high spot within this void the washer is now beat in, kinda notched to hold the key flat and help it stay in place with the epoxy.... At this point if the washer has any high spots above the timing cog OD then smooth it down with a sanding disk of some sort. Now zip your bolt in to really flaten it down and let it set up for about 10min., back it out, add your locktite blue to your clean crank bolt and torque it to 103 ft.lbs.

Name:	short 4.jpg
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1234097
        ?

Comment

the pictures look great on here alex. mind if i make this into a DIY thread? have any pictures of assembling the woodruff key/cog onto the crank?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
          X