WTB: B6T Thermostat Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: B6T Thermostat Housing

I'll give you one guess what just happened to mine while installing a new dual stage thermostat and gasket. Prices shipped express to Canada V8S2K8. Thanks all.

Got one in the mail courtesy of AZGTX! Thanks anyway. Lock it up.

Comment

care to throw up a picture of the carnage?
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I can do that tomorrow haha.

Comment

awesome!!!
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

enjoy the consistent heat with that dual stage thermostat! I noticed my heat sucks now with an OEM single stage...definitely going to buy a dual stage when I need another T-stat
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

yeah , I'd be keen on seeing some pics also . My B6T always dribbles coolant from the stock housing even though twice changed gaskets and cleaned everything up very well. Of all the Mazdas I have owned , it has the least effective cabin heating especially now that its cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37
                So after cracking a second thermostat housing (what luck, right?), I've finally gotten a third one installed on the car today with a correct OEM brand new dual-stage thermostat. I'm waiting for the RTV gasket maker to dry so I can fully tighten up the thermostat, and then we'll fill her up with coolant and see what happens. I've taken it upon myself to re-torque a lot of bolts and nuts lying around the car that have come loose or were out of spec for a number of reasons. Whatever the case, it's good peace of mind.

In other news, I think the radiator might be leaking, but I'm not quite sure where the surplus coolant/smoke is coming from. With the cracked thermostat #2, I took it for a quick ride to ensure things are running alright after a month off and found coolant spattered throughout the front of the block and behind the radiator. May have just been spewing all over while it was under load out of the old dead thermostat. Here's hoping we're all good and there aren't any major problems come tomorrow!

I know it looks dirty so far... the engine needs a good scrub and shampoo. Soon enough. Here's the pics of the broken one, new thermostat, and work in progress. Man that bottom bolt sure is a pain on these DOHC motors:

Comment

Glad to see you got a working resolve to the problem!!!!

Comment

Hi m8,

thought i will post here for the sake of search function for other users

ordered thermostat at the local mazda dealer using my VIN number

here is what i got:

Not quite a dual valve, huh? they said that if i came up with the right part number they will let me return it. In their system, only one number was available....

Comment

Working...
                    X