ED subs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ED subs question

What's the difference between a 16Kv.2 Dual 2 and a 16Kv.2 Dual 4? They are both the same price.

It's all about wiring options and what you want the final impedence to show the amp. Say, you're bridging a 2-channel amp that's stable to 4 ohms, you get the dual 2 and wire it in series.

Comment

OK, I can tell I'm gonna have to do some reading

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
        OK, I can tell I'm gonna have to do some reading

dual 4 ohms and dual 2 ohms. play around with this.

Comment

So... you choose which option is best based on what your amp can handle? (???) And I'm assuming you want the lowest ohm rating you can get, right?

Comment

So... you choose which option is best based on what your amp can handle? (???) And I'm assuming you want the lowest ohm rating you can get, right?

it's not quite that easy. say you have a 2k watt amp, but your subs only handl 500 each. in that case you wouldn't want the most power your amp can put out

Comment

I'll rephrase my statement then... I was meaning that the lower the ohm rating of the whole system, the better, right? Obviously each component of the system is a factor, but you want the lowest the system can handle?

Comment

I'll rephrase my statement then... I was meaning that the lower the ohm rating of the whole system, the better, right? Obviously each component of the system is a factor, but you want the lowest the system can handle?

you want whatever is optimal for matching up equipment and enclosure size and type so yeah, there's a bit involved, but if you have an amp that puts out about the power you need at 1 load, then buy subs that will produce that load.

Comment

back to my original statement then, looks like I have some reading to do

Comment

Working...
                  X