Box Sliding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Sliding

This is probably a dumb question, but I my 12" sub box keeps sliding around my damn trunk. I'm afraid sooner or later I'm going to destroy the sub; it already has some scratches from turning corners just a tad too fast.

What's the best way to mount it down NOT PERMANENTLY since I autocross and need to remove it at least once a month?
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

industrial strength velcro. it's like $5 at walmart, in the fabric section. put some on the underside of the carpet to keep it from sliding, then put the "hard" side on the enclosure itself, so it grips onto the carpet. you may have to glue or staple it down, since the velcro is a bit stronger than the adheasive on the back of it

Comment

mmm, simple solution is use strap iron (aka slip) thats used in hvac duct work, drill a hole in one end big enough to fit over one of your strut tower bolts, bend the metal to contour the way you want it and screw the other end permanently into the box with a pair of wood screws. this has succesfully held 80 pounds of subwoofer and box still in my trunk for a month or so. the easier solution is using industrial strength velcro strips on the bottom of your box.. that by all means would be much much easier than unbolting your box thats teathered to your strut tower than it would be to slide the box out with velcro holding it in.
      kevin

Comment

The velcro idea sounds like a plan...thanks for the tips.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

i just screwed myn to the board under the carpet....works just fine and no velcrow....
          Attached Files
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.